Thursday, February 15, 2007

Okay, let's get this party started!

I heard back from the Dr today. My Progesterone level is (in her words) "depressingly low" I'm at a 3 and drs want to see at least a 10.. so no, I'm not ovulating. Which means I'm not going to get pg without help. You need progesterone to thicken the endometrium lining to allow implantation. So basically even if we did conceive... my body can't hold a pregnancy with my progesterone levels so low. bummer.

So tomorrow Joey's having a sperm analysis done and we need to make sure he's normal. If he's not... it's a whole nother ball game.

So where do we go from here? Assuming and hoping Joey's normal (We'll find out on Monday the results of that test) I will start a medication that's call Clomid. Clomid will make me ovulate at turbo power :-)

We will do three rounds of that (ie: 3 cylces, 3 months) and hope to get pregnant then. If after 3 months it's a no go... then we need to see a specialist and work out another plan... see if something else is the problem.

So that's the news here. Joey and I both feel really good about pursuing this... we continue to know God will provide a family for us and we know He's going to take care of us!

No comments: