This week I've been working at caribou starting at 5 and 6am so I'm so tired and fighting m/s in the morning. Well today I think I figured out how to beat it! I didn't shower! The shower drains me and makes me weak and then I start feeling pukey... I spent most of yesterday morning dry heaving before work... so today I just washed my hair and face and I felt so much better going to work! :-)
*A little out of focus, but you get the idea!
My cousin Mary brought over tons of cute maternity clothes and here I am sporting a top :-)
14 comments:
OMG (This does mean "oh my gosh" doesn't it?) You look like Mary in that top!!!
Yeah for no shower :)! You look fabulous being pregnant ...
Oh cute! Here are some facts from the Nest: Week 8: Raspberry
Average size: .63 in, .04 oz
Your baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.
Yay Baby! Grow, grow, grow!
You look awesome!!!!
Rachel - you're going to be the cutest pregnant girl ever! I'm so glad we get to witness it through your blog!
What did you do to your hair - it is very cute!!
OMG!! I am so excited for you to be 2 months preggo!! I just sat here for the last hour and read your whole blog. You and your husband are going to be such the best, and cutest parents! Hopfully one day me and my husband will be where you guys are?
I found I had to change toothpastes...as brushing my teeth made me gag...there's always a solution to morning sickness, you've just got to find what works for you... :)
I used to use the power of positive thinking too..."I'd rather be feeling rotten 'cause I am pregnant..." :):)
Gosh, I didn't even think about the fact that you're still working at Caribou....I have always wondered how a pg woman could work there since the smell of coffee threw me into dry heaves when I was prego. (And that is from an avid Caribou fan, mind you) Does the smell bother you while you're there? I hated working at the credit union and just smelling member's coffee breath!
Showers are totally over-rated anyway:)
rachel...though you maybe a little stinky, it's a good move to not shower in the am at least for the time being. i found the same thing to be true....totally drained me. shower at night and pop right into bed. makes it a whole lot easier.
congrats on getting this far, you'll be in the second tri before you know it. the first tri really flies by!
*avebvm* from the nest
Reassurance from a European - it is totally not necessary to shower every day! :)
Hey!
That's so weird because showers made me feel yucky as well throughout my pregnancy! I think it was because they were too warm and with all the extra bloodflow in your system....I don't know what it is actually, I have my own explanation for why! But I switched my showers to the evenings because since they drained me in the mornings and made me lightheaded, it was perfect for going to sleep at night!!!!
Congrats on 2 months!
I made a blog! So now I can comment!
Love you Rachel, and I love seeing the pics you've been putting up :)
Post a Comment