Tuesday, June 24, 2008

18 weeks.

Holy cow. How am I here already? I sure hope the second half of my pregnancy goes as fast as my first half (only cuz that's the half that everyone says is so uncomfortable!)

As of now I'm still up 4lbs. I noticed I haven't been eating as much lately and what I'm eating is very healthy, it seems to be (against my norm) all I'm interested in these days. I had a Dr appt today and my Dr has assured me that the weight will come (I'm sure it will!). And everything looked good at the appt.

Our big u/s is in 2 weeks! We're getting excited for that but mainly cuz I just want to see our baby and know that he/she is okay!

So for my cravings these days (someone asked about it) I am craving anything fresh and cold and juicy. So a LOT of fruit! Also, chocolate milk! I should buy stock in rich chocolate ovaltine ;-)

I'm finally back home with Joey for GOOD! I have a few more weddings this year, but later in the summer, so for now I'm enjoying actually living here!

My sister and mom and my sister's four munchkins are coming out here to visit in a few weeks and I can't wait!! Joey misses the kids a lot, it's been 4 weeks since he's seen them and we never usually go that long, so it'll be nice to have them here!

18 comments:

Mary said...

You look awesome!! Happy 18 weeks!

LanY said...

Yay for being home with Joey!! I can't believe you are 18 weeks either! It seems to have flown by though I am sure it dragged on at times for you (especially between appts!).

Erin said...

You look great!!!

Jessica White said...

YAY for 18 weeks...you're almost 1/2 way there. I don't know about you, but I LOVE chocolate ovaltine (pregnant or not). There's just nothing like it!

Jill said...

Awww, what a cute bump! I'm always amazed that you get your updates up so quickly -- I am almost ALWAYS a day or two (or three) behind. You're so on the ball!

jpandtheboys said...

I love Tuesdays!! :) I get so excited to go online and to see that adorable pregnant belly.. you are just too cute. The last half of my pregnancy is when I packed on the weight. :) Oh good times. It's great you are eating so healthy I craved chocolate like crazy. I wish I would have thought of something less fattening like ovaltine but no I ate brownies. :)

leah @maritalbless said...

I love that you're craving healthy food! lol that's awesome and it makes sense why you're so freaking cute at 18w!

mindy said...

You are doing awesome! I'm so happy for you :)
There is absolutely nothing in the world like looking at the ultrasound screen and seeing your baby, arms and legs and moving around, it's just absolutely incredible.

my hope my faith my love said...

I craved fruit too whne I was pregnant, anything sweet. There just maybe a little girl in there! You look great!

R, K, O, W and G said...

Wow, the time sure flies. You are almost half way through! Your doctor is right, the weight gain will come. I didn't gain much until the tail end of the pregnancy.

Enjoy your time at your new home and being with Joey.

AngelsAmid said...

Your belly looks great! I'm 19wks tomorrow and my belly is *trying* to emerge from my "fluffiness" :) I can't wait until it's a clear baby belly. I could buy stock in chocolate milk too! My big u/s is July 5th and I can't wait to see the baby is ok too. I'm so nervous

Shanny said...

You are so adorable!!! Glad you can enjoy some Joey time for a while =)

Stacy D said...

Half way home! Congrats!

Valley Mom said...

You look great!! Yay for being back home with hubby! Your doctor is right, the weight will come. I thought I was in the clear when I'd gained below average by the end of my 7th month... unfortunately I was wrong! I gained 25lb+ in months 8 and 9! All the pregnancy books said most people don't gain much the last few weeks, well they were wrong. :( I'll be a lot more careful next time around, and not take that "eating for two" bit QUITE so literally. :) I also went 14 days over due so that probably didn't help things. Have you been having any food aversions? And you know what, I didn't find the end of pregnancy all that uncomfortable, so I hope you end up feeling great right till the end!!!

Leslie said...

Ohhh, I am guessing you are having a girl! I craved fruit like none other and had a girl!
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

You look great!! Congrats on 18 weeks!!!

Miss said...

the funny thing about you asking who you look like is that I also (as you know) was told I look like Cameraon Diaz (how? I dont know) and now I have heard SEVERAL times I look like AManda Bynes! funny!!

susan said...

you look amazing, I'm thinking I write that each week...very original!!
:)