Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Words from a friend....

My good friend Rachel Drevlow sent me an email today and it was SO perfect and I can't help but to share her wisdom in this journal:

From Rachel:

I want you to know that I have been praying this for you today: "I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Sprit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hop to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparable great power for us who believe." - Ephesians 1:17-19

I pray that God would give you grace to focus the Lord's saving plan and the ways he is working in you to draw others to himself. How easy it is to wallow in self pity. I say that not to be insensitive, but in quoting the words from your blog. Right now my Bible study is going through Ephesians. During the 1st chapter the study author, John Stott, talked about how we as Christians tend to be so individualistic, forgetting that so many of God's promises of blessing and salvation are for the church as a whole. I was convicted. Too often I view God as a waiter in the sky who should have his "pitcher of blessings", mixed to my specifications, (does God do mixed drinks?!??)ready to pour out at my every whim. For you it is a baby. Rach, I pray a baby and one from your body is in God's plans for you. It makes me so sad to think of the heartbreak you have been enduring. I love you and always will and will continue to pray.

Grace & peace to you this day--

No comments: