Monday, March 05, 2007

I'm back!

Well I got back from Germany just in time to dodge the snowstorm. We were the last flight into MSP, I'm pretty sure all the rest were cancelled! So phew :-)

I had an amazing trip, it was beyond gorgeous and God was so good to me while I was there! I only had one night where I felt sad about all this, but the majority of the time I felt like I was in another world (well I sort of was!).

I'm back now and working today.. and I know that God will continue to be amazing, but I still can't help but feel myself slink back into a sadness mode. I got an email bright and early about another friend who's pregnant. Which is always hard to hear. But I'm going to push through this and believe we will also get good news somewhere on the other side of all this sadness.

Joey has continued to step up to the plate and support me and encourage me in all the ways he knows how. Yesterday at church he really wanted to bring me to the front afterwards and have someone pray for me. I am ashamed to admit I ducked out of it. I didn't want to start bawling and loose it for the rest of the day.. but I should have gone, it was sweet of him to want to take me. Next time I won't be so unwilling :-/

This Friday my family is getting together to celebrate my birthday and to pray for Joey and I. I have a feeling it will be wonderful and hard at the same time. I haven't let myself be completely vulnerable in front of a group of people before and certainly not any men (besides Joey)... so I hope that the time will be good for me and not hard.

Then on Sunday Joey and I are heading up to Lusten for 4 days of snowboarding for our anniversary! I am so excited to have some alone time with hime away from life!

Anyways, that's it for today.

No comments: