Today is a beautiful day! (and yes I know it's disgusting and raining outside!).
I spent the night at Nate and Bridgit's last night and Bridgit and I stayed up until 5 am! Yes that's correct, 5am. So when I woke up after 10 and realized I had less then 40 minutes to get up and get out the door for church I almost didn't go. But just as I layed back down and pulled the covers over my head, I felt God saying "Get up and go". So I did. (oh and we've decided to go back to salem early and not wait till we moved back to the cities, so that's where I went. Joey was out of town.)
Well the sermon was perfect, it was all about prayer, the very thing I find myself struggling with the most lately. Our new pastor encouraged us as a church and indivuduals to really take part in the new prayer extravaganza he's organizing in the church. One part was having people at the front of the church for prayer after the sermon. I felt God say I needed to go forward, and I immediately got a knot in my stomach. But when church ended I found myself standing in the aisle trying to decide if I should move to the front of the church, or out the back to leave. Then I realized the very person standing up front ready to pray for me was my small group leader from my bible study last summer! I knew it was the last sign God was going to give me! She is a wonderful woman who I very much respect, admire and care for!
So I went up to her and it was a great reunion, and when I started telling her about my IF and needing peace through this process she looked at me and said "Rachel, we struggled with IF for 10 years! They told me I wasn't suppose to have any children! (she had two of her own and adopted one!)" It was TRULY an appointment from God.
She prayed for me and we talked for 45 minutes! We closed the church down :-). She asked me if we should do coffee in two sundays and of course I accepted! It couldn't have been a more perfect Sunday. I walked out the doors in the icky rain feeling as though sunshine was pouring in my soul. I can't praise God enough for arranging everything JUST so!!
I just had to share! He is a wonderful and might God.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment