Thursday, June 07, 2007

4 years

I realized last night as I was drifting off to sleep that even if we were to get pregnant this month (and I have stopped playing that game... too draining) but if we were, we would be married four years before having a baby. So from here on, we have moved into the next year of our marriage. I used to wonder if we'd be married two years when we had a baby, and then three, and now four. We are nine months away from our four year anniversary. I just pray we'll have a baby within that four years, and not have to move onto five or six years.

I don't know why this makes me sad. There's nothing wrong with being married four years before having a baby. In fact it makes us all the more sturdy and ready. But still. This wasn't how we planned it. And that makes it hard.

2 comments:

D said...

Hey, I found your blog from the nest and I just wanted to say that I can totally relate to so much of what you're going through. We tried for 17 months before getting a pretty severe diagnosis of male factor IF. We ended up going the adoption route (still waiting though), but someday might pursue IF treatments.

We just had our 4 yr. anniversary a few months ago, so I totally know what you mean. At 3 yrs., everyone expects you to just start cranking 'em out, you know? It's pretty trying on the soul. I saw you are starting an IF support group at your church. I think that's awesome. Our church really doesn't have anything like that.

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed reading your blog and linked you on mine. Hope that's ok! =)

Best of luck and I hope to be reading your PG announcement really soon!

D said...

oh, I should add... I'm "Married3.22.03" on the nest. =)