Friday, August 10, 2007

I'm back and I feel old. :-0

After spending 5 days with 13 - 100 pound, extra small, size zero girls, my voice is gone, my throat is sore, I'm completely exhausted, every muscle in my body hurts and I'm completely swamped with work. And I can't wait to go back next year! :-)

I love going to camp. I love it for so many reasons. however, while I'm only 24, my body disagrees with my delighting in the experience :-) But spending 5 days with 13 girls coming from all different walks of life, all believing different things and all needing to be loved in different ways is an amazing experience, one I hope to do for the rest of my life.

God did such awesome things this week and I can honestly say I think it was one of the best camps ever! This was my 9th time taking kids to summer camp (7th with middle schoolers) and it was a beautiful experience. I really bonded with so many of the girls and they were so open and honest with their experiences and questions. The ones who've excepted Christ really grew, and the ones still considering it, were really stretched. The seed has been planted and now it just will take time and watering. :-)

I will be starting a campaigner group with these girls (aka a younglife bible study) and I'm really excited for that. They're a critical age where they really need someone outside of a parent to be walking with them through life and faith and decisions etc.

So that's that!

About the adoption, we're sending in the final application today and scheduling our first homestudy visit. We got some more questions answered as far as things we needed to know about the agency before taking the next step. But we're feeling great about it still!! My girls were all so cute, wanting to talk about names and babysitting and showers :-)

And a quick note, yesterday when on the phone with Joey, he told me he picked up new windows for "the babies' room". It was like music to my ears! He's so cautious about everything that I couldn't even believe he called it that! My heart melted and I just know he is the perfect man for me to walk this journey with and I couldn't be anymore blessed!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, Rachel, God is so good. What a privilege to be used by Him in such big ways at camp. I'm so glad you were their counsellor.

I'm delighted in your joy as the adoption plans begin. God has good things in store for you and your wonderful husband!

Cindy

We have Angel Wings said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time at camp. Sounds like you have many more happy times coming.

:o)


Tarah~

Christen L said...

It's such a blessing to have the love of a man you respect. I always said that I can't imagine travelling this journey of life with anyone but my DH. And now I am reminded when I think about the father or my children - it could only be Frank. That's how you know you've got the right one! :) Glad you have the right one, too.

I'm really interested to see how this process goes for you. We're starting to adopt from Russia next year and it'll be a good learning experience for me. :) What agency are you using? Come to think of it, I don't know much about you at all. Where are you from???

ellisfamily.blogsome.com