Thursday, September 13, 2007

What has blogging done to me?

In case you didn't know, when you blog, it's all about you. You can write what you want, and people read it! My blog is in a sense: Rachel's World.

But that's the problem. Because I'm only supposed to be in Rachel's world in the internet.... but lately I find myself being in Rachel's world all the time! I find myself dominating conversations and going on and on about me (I mean doesn't everyone want to hear all about me?) It's not good and it's embarassing! :-(

This is something I struggled with all through high school and college and it wasn't until the last year or so that I have felt I was able to get a hold on it... controlling how much I talk!

I'm sure you're suprised to know that I've been known to be a chatterbox. But I don't like it. It's rude to sit and go on and on about yourself when others have tons of things worth saying and being heard.

But I fear blogging has brought me back to square one! So I am praying about this starting today! God brought me out of Rachel's world once before, I know He'll do it again!

If you know me in real life, please let me know if I'm dominating! I don't want to!! :-0

4 comments:

Lea said...

I just love you!

Lea H.

Christy_jebsgirl said...

Rachel I love you! You are so great and this is one of the qualities I love about you as my friend. I'll let you know if it ever gets to that point. :) See you tomorrow.

Busted said...

Ha! I always have this fear too because everyone in my family is really overbearing and talk so much about themselves so I don't want to be like them. ALthough on me I think it's had the opposite effect, in that I don't talk about myself at all unless asked.

Sarita said...

Not remotely! I love how open you are.