Friday, November 16, 2007

Not to sound bitter but I hate this phrase!

"Everything happens for a reason" I don't know why I dislike it so much because to be 100% honest with you, I believe it! I really do. So why don't I like the phrase? I guess it's because it's just not what I want to hear from people. I believe it and I'm aware of it, but I just want to hear "I'm sorry" not "everything happens for a reason".

It's really silly that I can believe something and still not want to hear it.. I'm not quite sure I comprehend it.

That aside, I had my interview. It went well, as usual I spoke too fast :-P. But I really hope I don't get the job. I'm not kidding. I just don't know that I have the energy for it...so why did I apply for it? Because financially it was the right thing to do :-(

8 comments:

JJ said...

Ooops...Hmm, I may have made you upset by my last comment--and I should have known to just be "angry" along with you--because, believe me--I have wanted to scream when people have told me that before.
Please accept my apolgies, and this time I will just say, I am so sorry that life can be so unfair...

HeaherMichele said...

I understand hating that phrase! To me saying "It's happening for a reason." sounds like there telling me that there is a REASON I'm not a mother right now... like I'm not good enough or cut out for it or something!

Mama Bear said...

I hated that pharase for a long time! It will get better! I promise!

Rachel said...

JUST TO BE CLEAR: No one posted any comments on here that made me think of this :-) Encouraging me about God's bigger plan doesn't bother me at all! It's just the phrase "things happen for a reason"

I get that they happen for a reason, but right now without knowing the reason it just sucks.

So JJ NO worries it wasn't you!

Michele said...

Hi Rachel. I just found your blog because I was doing some research on adoption fundraisers. My DH and I have been TTC for over 5.5 years and we are just now starting the process for adopting a child from Russia. I was curious as to why you are now thinking Columbia. Any special reason?

And I know what you feel like with that phrase. I, too, know it's true, but it would really helpful (so I think) to know what that "reason" is. I feel like I would be able to cope so much better. But, like I've heard from inside me, I have to just Trust Him.

Owl Gal Liz said...

It's ok to feel that way. There is nothing wrong at all about it. Not knowing does suck sometimes.

Cindy said...

My heart is aching again as you go through yet more pain. I'm so very sad for you. There are no "perfect words" right now to make it all better. "There is a time to laugh..." but there is also "a time to cry..."

Praying for you,
Cindy

Rich Angie said...

I HATE that phrase too! I do believe it, but you're so right, that's not what you want to hear right now.