This is the email my mom sent out to friends and family.. it pretty much sums it up:
*****************************************
Dear Family & Friends,
We received some sad news today. The adoption agency Rachel & Joey have been working with in Florida lost their license. Unbeknownst to all the potential adoptive parents – the director of the agency has been under investigation by the government for some time. The allegations are fraud against the government.
Rachel and Joey have a peace that goes beyond human comprehension although their hearts are heavy and they covet your continued prayers. They also ask for your prayers for as the many other couples that were working with this agency, the birth mothers and maybe most importantly those unborn children. “Chosen” couples are now working with an attorney to determine the outcome of those children. Others like Rachel and Joey will be working with the attorney in hopes of recovering the money they have invested in the agency.
A couple diagnosed as infertile is at the mercy of the integrity of all those they need to help them have a child of their own. Rachel and Joey did all the “right” things – they received glowing recommendations from other young couples that had worked with this agency and a background check on the agency however the government does not put out a red flag alerting unsuspecting couples that an agency is under infestation.
I’m sure you have questions but please give Rachel and Joey time and space they need to process this. They will need our love and support more than ever and you can be sure that any question you have they have asked themselves.
We will keep you posted but for now really ask for your prayers.
Sincerely,
Barbara
21 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying that there will be justice here for everyone involved--the expectant parents, pre-adoptive parents and the children.
Joey & Rachel,
I am so sad for you two. We'll talk more tomorrow if we get some alone time. Keeping you in our prayers.
Josh and Christy
Oh it just breaks my heart to hear this. I hope that your peace will sustain you and abate the questions of why. As always I'm praying for you.
I am crying for you guys right now. I can't believe you're having to go through this. I am praying for you and sending my positive thoughts your way!
HUGS and prayers to you during this trying time.
I am so sorry to hear this, we are praying for you!
Oh Rachel I am so sorry!!! I'm thinking and praying for the 2 of you!!!
Hugs!!
Erin
I am so sorry Rachel! This just breaks my heart. Your in my prayers.
Oh Rachel. I'm so sorry. This is heartbreaking. You and Joey are in my prayers.
I'm so sorry. BIG HUG!! Hang in there.
Amy
dancingwithinfertility.blogspot.com
I am so sorry to hear about this Rachel!! I hope you can get this sorted out quickly so that you and Joey can continue on your journey.
Rachel & Joey,
I am in shock. This is so not fair. You are all in my prayers. ::hugs::
I am so sorry that you got this bad news. You and Joey will be in my prayers!!!
Oh my. I am so sorry. Saying prayers for you.
ugh, rachel, Im so sorry to read this! I hope it all gets straightened out and that you all can get back on your way to getting that beautiful baby tht you deserve so much! I'm praying for you guys!
I'm so sorry!!! You will be in my prayers, as will all other families involved.
I am so so sorry Rachel. This is horribly unfair and our hearts are breaking for you. We'll be thinking about you and Joey and praying for all those involved. If there is anything at all you need don't hesitate to ask.
Neil and Tara
You don't know me, but your in my prayers. Leslie
I am so so sorry that you are having to go through this. You and Joey are in my thoughts and prayers.
{{{HUGE HUGS}}}
Rachel - I am was very sad to read this today. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers...
I caught up to this late. (I'm a lurker, but not a frequent poster.) So sorry to have read this and my heart aches for you. Will be praying for you and Joey.
--Min
Post a Comment