Sunday, February 24, 2008

Yucky yucky, yucky all over.

Okay I don't want to sit and complain about IVF, but if I don't a wee bit, I will look back and think it was easy! And we CAN'T have that! lol

So here it is.

I have about 30 holes in my tummy, MANY bruises, I made myself bleed TWICE tonight, I yawn ALL DAY LONG, I could sleep about 20 hours out of the day, I am continually plagued with a headache, I am way too bloated and when I sit my pants hurt my tummy cuz it's so sore from all the pokes. Even my loosest pants!

So that's that. I'm on Day 3 of my stims and I still have at least 5 days to go, but hopefully no more! I had b/w done today to test my estrodial and the 2 minute blood draw took me over an hour as they apparently were missing their phlebtomist and at one point they had over 29 people in the waiting room!!! (On a Sunday!) But thankfully everything is going well and I can continue on the same does, so that's good!

If everything goes smoothly, it will all be worth it in the end! Right?

17 comments:

mrsgingergrl said...

It will be worth it in the end, and you know, I do look back now and think how easy it was. You won't remember any of the hard parts, just the happy ending. :)

D said...

Ish. I was actually semi-toying with the idea of that for #2, WAAAAAAYYYYY down the road. Thanks for the reality check! :)

Erin said...

When you have that baby in your arms you'll take a million little bruises on your tummy and a few more holes...and you'll think-I'd do it all over again in a minute :)

Hang in there!! You're on the home strech! :)

Christine said...

It's definitely worth it in the end! Chin up - you've been through so much, you can definitely do this!

Pat said...

It will be SO worth it. Just hang out in your sweats all day :-)

Mae said...

It will totally be worth it, just stay positive and complain when you need to. Bruises all over your tummy is certainly something to complain about!

Jenn said...

I think holding your newborn in your arms will make it MORE than worth it =)

Miss said...

RIGHT!!!

Unless of course you end up with an ugly kid!

haha! =)

leah @maritalbless said...

RIGHT!!!

Collins Family said...

It is so worth it in the end and you will not even remember all the shots, blood and bruises...or at least I don't anyway. Once I had a BFP and things started moving right along with a normal pregnancy the shots were a distant memory. Hang In there it is so worth it.

Margo said...

Yes it will be worth it! and you and my mom can talk about those tummy pokes! she started a new insulin a few months back and her tummy looks spotted! I think its funny! but then again I think everything is funny. It was great talking to you today!

Teri said...

Rachel - I'm so sorry that things have to be this way for us. I can definitely empathize with the sore belly. I actually took a picture of my belly the one day because it was bruised for two weeks...I hit a vein (not just a tiny capillary) & it bled out under the skin & got all disgusting...yuck!

Also, I answered your "embarrassing" question on the nest...I had "the stink," too! Ick!

Amanda said...

It will all be worth it. And believe it or not, you will be proud of yourself for making it through this. Good luck :)

Amber and the boys... said...

Very worth it, people complain about a lot less! You are so brave!

Alicia O. & the gang said...

Hang in there rachel...no claim to know how you feel. Prayers are with you!

susan said...

It is hard...everyone I know who has done it finds it hard...its ok to get it off your chest too...but hopefully soon you'll be complaining about having sore breast and aching legs and the weight of your pregnant belly...
you seem to have lots of support out there so keep strong...
and as Miss says you may end up with an 'Ugly' baby (nice miss) but at least it will be YOUR ugly baby!!!
Stay strong, I am inspired by your tenacity :)

Miss said...

I need to clarify that I was TOTALLY teasing when Is aid she could have an ugly baby! =) Rachel and Joey could NOT have ugly kids. 2 of mine look more like Rachel than me and I think they are beautiful!!