Thursday, March 06, 2008

Another match bites the dust.

Yes you read that right, we were chosen by yet another birth mom. While we're elated that another woman finds us worthy of raising her child, we had many reasons to feel hesitant about the situation. First she's due 10/2. So basically 7 months from now. Second she needs upfront birth mother expenses of about $1000 a month (all done through the agency of course).

While we would be willing to pay the expenses and help her out, we cannot afford to pay that amount every month between now and October and know she could change her mind. The risk was far too great for us.

So we said no. We were told we were matched on Monday and we have spent several days praying about it, but when we realized today the amount we would be risking for 7 long months, without hesitation we knew we could say no.

5 comments:

Miss said...

that feels right to me...I am glad you guys handeled is so peacefully!

SJ said...

I'm glad you said no to this situation. Whenever they are asking for up-front birthmom expenses you should have several red flags.

And by the way, I love ya :) Praying for you and Joey.

AJS said...

Holy petes! A 7 month match with $1k monthly expenses is crazy. I can see why you decided to say no.

Pat said...

I think that you made the best decision here....I hope your ET went well today! I am thinking of you!

Megan Marie said...

Way to go, in letting God guide your heart to make this decision. It is hard to do in any journey any of us make. Sounds silly, but I am so proud of you guys! This has to be such a struggle, and it looks like you are coming to terms with it and letting God's great hand be your guide. I hope I can be as strong in future hurdles.

~Megan~
P.S. Still doesn't make a decision like that super easy...