Wednesday, April 16, 2008

feeling like a big fat fraud

Okay...so here's the thing.... I love that my body is changing and I can't wait for it to get bigger... but it feels weird and slightly wrong that this is how I look today! Please tell me someone else looked like this at 8 weeks pregnant with ONE baby! I don't care that I LOOK pregnant, I just feel like a fraud because I'm only 2 months along!!

And btw I am wearing maternity pants which makes a difference... why you might ask? Because they're SOOOO comfy and my cousin Mary borrowed them to me and I've been wearing them to caribou cuz my old black pants don't fit...

Again with the out of focus!! Where's my professional photographer when I need her? :-)

24 comments:

Christy_jebsgirl said...

I think you look cute! Now is your time to shine sister! You can show a little tummy anytime you want. :)

Rachel said...

Thank you Christy! That makes me feel better :-)

R, K, O, W and G said...

You are not a fraud :) you are pregnant! I remember being so bloated during the first trimester. I'm sure people were wondering if I was pregnant long before I told them.

As far as wearing the maternity pants already . . . no worries. You should be comfortable!

Melissa said...

You're not a fraud! Big, fat, or otherwise :-) A friend has gone through the same process as you to get pregnant, and she also showed early. She looked/looks great, and so do you !

Miss said...

oh please, I look bigger than that now and I have NO baby inside of me! =) haha

That shirt you are wearing was another one of my favorites to wear! =)

Miss said...

oh please, I look bigger than that now and I have NO baby inside of me! =) haha

That shirt you are wearing was another one of my favorites to wear! =)

Miss said...

oh please, I look bigger than that now and I have NO baby inside of me! =) haha

That shirt you are wearing was another one of my favorites to wear! =)

Jenna said...

You look adorable! The 1st trimester bloat is no fun- but looks cute on you!!

And maternity clothes are the BEST! I loved wearing them... I was so excited to get them all out when I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd... Enjoy it while you can!

Jenna said...

You look adorable! The 1st trimester bloat is no fun- but looks cute on you!!

And maternity clothes are the BEST! I loved wearing them... I was so excited to get them all out when I found out I was pregnant with my 2nd... Enjoy it while you can!

jpandtheboys said...

You look adorable. I see a little tummy and all i have to say it FLAUNT IT!! Although I have to agree with Miss, I am bigger then that and I don't have a baby inside. Oh well.

Jenn said...

Ditto everyone else. You look adorable =)

Devlynn said...

I have been following your story for so long (I found it on the nest)and I wanted to say congrats!I was bigger than that at 8 weeks! and I only had one.

Devlynn said...

I have been following your story for so long (I found you on the nest) and I wanted to say congrats. I also wanted to say I was much bigger than that at 8 weeks, pregnant with one!

Jen gurl said...

You look SO cute with those pigtails in your hair! I agree with Miss, although, I have not had a baby in my tummy for over 2 1/2 years, my belly still looks bigger & NO, I am NOT pregnant!! You look adorable!

about me... said...

I was getting pretty large by 8-10 weeks because I was so bloated... I actually think I look smaller now that my bloat has gone away! You still look cute, though! :)

Moni said...

Wow you GROW girl! You look so cute! I can't believe how much you're showing already! How fun! You're so cute with your lil pigtails! =)

Alicia O. & the gang said...

Ok rachel here's the deal. I think all women can relate who have been preggo, because you see, it finally gives us a reason NOT to suck in constantly; worry about posture and how we look or otherwise. So inevitably we end up with a little "bulge" (if you could even call it that) earlier than later..becuase hey we're doing a good thing right???? Why not just RELAX!!!!!! And for maternity clothes...to each thier own. I hide them away AS LONG AS POSSIBLE...and only end up wearing any when I'm like 7 months or more....but that's me! I have spent 4 years pregnant...so I'm sick of mine! But you be comfy...WHY NOT RIGHT??????? You look great.

Mary said...

You look so stinkin' adorable!! You've waited a loooong time for that belly girl! You know I was showing just as much at that point. It must run in the family =)

Purty Pat said...

Yes, it comes right on down from me, I admit. The week after Jeannie was born I was uptown in our little burg Zimmerman at that time, and I saw the kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Perman, a dear lady, at the grocery store. She asked me when I was due. I told her I had the baby last week. Poor Mrs. Perman - I think she was more embarrased than I was!

Happy Veggie said...

I had to give in to maternity pants by 9-11 weeks, and I was definitely unbuttoning before that. Enjoy it while you can.

mindy said...

Rach, you look adorable! I think I'm showing, and we are only about 3.5 weeks different. Although, my bloat as gone down, and I'm starting to replace it with a belly. I need to take some pictures. You look great, I love it =) It's so exciting isn't it?

PS: I also tend to feel that way about being a fraud, because last week I was wearing this ADORABLE black dress and I had a stranger comment to me about being pregnant, and I knew it was only bloat, my baby isn't that big yet!

Meegs said...

Ditto pp, a lot of the belly right now is probably bloat... and it might very well go down before getting big again.

Either way, it is cute and you should flaunt it!!

Ehlan said...

I was sticking out at 8 weeks too...

Anonymous said...

You are such a hottie! Love the pics :)