Sunday, April 13, 2008

Overwhelmed with emotions....

I got an email from someone I don't even know today. But her parents know my parents and through some 1000+ miles apart we came together to talk about our IF. I started crying when I read her email. I was so sad for her that her and her DH can't have a baby the good old fashioned way. The free way. The enjoyable way.

I feel so overwhelmed for her and all my other infertile friends. And all the friends I have yet to make. I know God is using my own IF in huge ways in my life and the lives of others.... but I know it's no where near done.

I sometimes imagine when we are making Dr money using our money to help so many couples around us.... those who like us didn't have the money to pay for IVF or adoption. And had amazing friends and family members step up and share their wealth with us. Some a lot and others less, but every bit was a huge blessing. I want to somehow use the money we will one day make to help so many people. Not just infertiles.... but that's where my heart is right now. So many girls that feel like they're dying inside each month as they go about their day smiling and attending baby showers... all the while wanting to crawl in a whole and die.

I was that girl, and I was blessed, by so many. My sister and my sister-in-laws and my mom (and you mary kay!) who have taken such good care of me, no matter how ridiculous I was or how hard it was to understand. To my family and friends who have prayed for us relentlessly. To those who have given us gifts of money, or encouragement or just a hug. We have received millions of blessings and I thank you all for that. And praise my God for taking care of us through this.

And I want to help others. I want to be used in other's lives like so many of you have been used in my life. I'm done being selfish in this walk, I want to be giving and selfless....I want to become a servant like so many of you have been in my life.

I pray God continues to use my blog as a source of encouragement even though I am now on the "other side".

LORD I am yours. I always have been. My life is yours and it always will be. This baby is from you. Every day is a miracle that ONLY could come from you. Help me to always remember this. I pray for all my friends out there and those I don't know that want nothing more than a child. I pray you reveal yourself to them and your great plan for them, help them to know you and your great love. And I pray you would bless them with a child. You are amazing and everyday I am more and more in awe of you.

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I absolutely love reading your blog. You're pics are the best..(even the ugly Rachel Blog-haha-love it)
I wish you and Joey all the best.

Little Wonders said...

Rachel,
Your blog and personal encouragement has already meant the world to me. We're so blessed to have met you who went through this hell ... and still found a way to become reconciled with this trauma that happened to you.
I agree with you, there are still too many women (and men) who shed their tears in silence and completely alone, cut off from a world that does not always understand what it's like to be infertile. I thank God for your blog and your willingness to share this very personal struggle with others.

Jodi said...

Thank you for including me in your prayer...I am one of those "those I don't know that want nothing more than a child". I don't remember how I got to your blog, not sure if I've posted before - I think I may have because your info about IVF really helped me. Anyways, I'm so so happy for you. Congratulations on being 7 wks pregnant - so so excited for you!

Angie said...

Awww, this post made me cry! Thanks for being so inspirational! I think it is amazing to use your experiences and help others. I hope I can soon come out of the dark hole that is IF....I would love to be able to see the light at the other end of this. Thanks for spreading hope!

Purty Pat said...

Rachel, We had never known before about the sadness of infertility and all the difficult emotions both the women and men go through. It's wonderful that you are able to be such an encouragement to others because you have been there. Our prayers are that God would meet all their needs and this year will bring about many "Hannahs". In the Bible as she cried out to God, He blessed her with a son.

Lauren Marie said...

Rachel, you have such a wonderful spirit you are an inspiration to so many struggling with IF. I have two boys that are truely an amazing blessing but I want more children and have been struggling for 18 months to conceive another. I have been following your story and have found so much inspiration and hope from you. You have an amazing gift and you will touch many throughout your life. Thank you!!