He ran 8 minute miles (just over) and finished his first marathon with a time of 3hrs 32 min. His goal? To finish..... I think he accomplished that! He finished 329th out of a few thousand people!
His twin sister, Jenny, a marathon runner was suppose to run with him but hurt her hip so had to back out... but she jumped in and ran the last 6 miles with him which Joey appreciated :-) So they crossed the finish line together!
5am.... getting ready for the day!
In front of Lambeau filed... right before the race started.
And they're off! 0.1 miles down :-)

Look how great he looks! Mile 13!
Here come the runners.
Isn't he cute?
Mile 20 why are they having so much fun!?!?
Mile 22 getting tired.
Last stop Lambeau field
Taking a lap around the field before crossing the finish line
Joey and his twin sis Jen crossing the finish line together
Joey and his twin sis Jen crossing the finish line together
I was so happy to see him at the finish :-)
SOOOO happy to be done!
Aren't we matchy matchy ? :-)
I was so so so proud of him!
Joey and his sister Angie.
6 comments:
YEAH JOE!!!!!
He was like smiling the entire time! that doesnt MAKE ANY SENSE!! =)
Yay Joey!
My cousin ran the marathon too in GB! I wonder where she placed. I'll have to ask.
Wow! Good job, Joey! He'll have to start a marathoner's advice blog. :)
That's my hometown! Congrats on the great finish!
Wow, look at how happy he is! Give him my congrats! I hope to look half that decent at mile 13, in a month!
Too cute on the matching green as well!
Joseph...how is he still smiling in every stinking picture? I guess anyone who has as nice of a smile as Joey has SHOULD show it off.
CONGRATS JOE!!!
Post a Comment