If you want to, throw out boy and girl names! We really prefer more unique than traditional but we'll hear anything!
ps don't throw out ones you wouldn't want me to use! (ie "your names".. if we know eachother IRL).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
53 comments:
Being that I am a Jennifer AND a teacher, I had a lot of trouble finding a name I liked--and that my husband liked.
We found a lovely name in a baby book. It's Welsh. Her middle name is a bit more common, of course.
Bronwen Marie
I've had people overhear her name and tell me how beautiful it is. (and they aren't obligated to say so!)
SOme people spell it "Bronwyn," but we went more traditional.
My sister's name is Jana, (rhymes with Anna) and it means "God is Gracious."
we like unusual names ... our son's name is Grayson.
We also like (for girls) Sage, Raleigh, Ruby, and Daisy.
For boys, Easton, Wyelin, Gideon, and Arthur.
Names I like, but my husband would NEVER consider included Poppy, Basil, Algernon, and Beatrice.
Good luck choosing ... it's always fun to talk about baby names!
How about Adalyn for a girl or Asher for a boy?
If Oliver wasn't going to be a boy, his name would've been Carly Rae
Some girl names:
Mackenzie
Kennedy
Boys:
Caleb
Maddox
Also like the name Emerson which I've heard for both boys and girls.
Oooh, we have way too many picked out, but here are a few...
Boys: Hunter, Brayden (Brady), Tanner, Carson, Austin, Cole
Girls: Taylor, Ruby, Avery, Hope, Delaney, Kendall
Either: Mayson (Mason), Hayden and Riley (Rilee, Ryleigh, Ryelee)
Have fun choosing!!
Most of our faves are all Biblical . . . and have skewed popular of late. :(
I love the name Levi, of course I'm biased, it's my brother's.
Akaela, Milly, Leisel, Morgan, Reagan, Lilly, Hazel, Jocelyn, Isabel.
Milo, Lucas, Emerson, Byron.
I love the name Teagan, most people say it's a girl name...I like it for a boy. You can shorten it to Teag, which I love! Gabriel is a good name, shortened to Gabe. I always think of the shortened name, because that's most likely what you'll end up calling them. At least that's how it is for me...
For a girl, I like Tatum, Kennedy and Berlin.
Can't wait to find out what you're having!! :)
I love the name Teagan, most people say it's a girl name...I like it for a boy. You can shorten it to Teag, which I love! Gabriel is a good name, shortened to Gabe. I always think of the shortened name, because that's most likely what you'll end up calling them. At least that's how it is for me...
For a girl, I like Tatum, Kennedy and Berlin.
Can't wait to find out what you're having!! :)
Helen, Maja, Rhys, Gwen, Lilia, Quinn, Faith
I really like Avery for a girl and Talan for a boy. Both are names I can't quite sell to DH but I like them. I also like Emerson for a girl.
What abour Carlyn for a girl? It's my SIL's name and we call her Carly but I love her full name.
Hey Rachel,
Boys: Zane, Zander Teague (pronounced, Teege), or Anderson
Girls: Campbell, Autumn, Skyler, Teagan, and Addison...but I think Addison is very trendy right now because of Greys Anatomy.
I like Wyatt, and Ethan for boys. Sophia and Mykala for girls. :) there are so many cute names to choose from!!!
Aeden for a boy...I have to admit this...I stole it from Jon and Kate Plus 8, which is the such a hilarious show!
Boy -
Leland, Riddick, Corbin
Girl -
Rylee, MaKenzie, Reese, Zoe
Boys -
Noel (pronounced Knoll), Caden, Cade
Girls -
Paige, Avery, Josie
My favorite site for baby names - www.nymbler.com.
Girl- Elise
Boy- Mathias
We went with Cole for the little boy we are expecting (our other choice was Wyatt.) If it were a girl...we were going to go with Leila or Avery (which seems to be a popular one on here!)
Ok.. girls,
Kylie, Kayla, Callie (I can like my name, right?), Taylor and Sydney.. all with Marie for a Middle name
Boys, Chase Tyler, Trentin, Treyton, Zachary
Names we like:
Jackson
Levi
Camden
Aiden
Caleb
Jacob
Easton
Kinley
Carly
Bella
Courtney
Katherine
What about Joel? It's a combination of Joey & Rachel.
These are names we like, but some just don't go with our last name, so they won't work for us, but maybe for you!
Boys~ Mason, Carson and Carter
Girls~ Ruby, Aubrey and Avery
My current favorite names are:
Boy:
Oliver
Aidric
Girl:
Nola
and because we do not know each other in real life I am pretty partial to my middle name which is Vvs (pronounced like bees with a v).
I thought it was fun to look around on this site for ideas as well: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/
Good luck choosing!
For a girl I like Noelle, Sage, Violet, Rae Ann
For a boy I like Aidan, Christian, Quinn
Daphne, Kassia, Nyssa, Evangeline, Daieniera, Emmaline, Tabitha, Josephine
Liam, Ancelyn, Gabriel, Colin, Alastair, Henry, Jack, Christopher, Sullivan
For a boy we plan on using Wesley. For a girl, the decision is far less easy. We like several different things, but we don't LOVE anything yet. Guess we'll have to see her first to decide! :) Our choices are Hannah, Katherine (Kate), Audrey, and Olivia.
Other names that I like but can't/won't use: Luke and Lila (my sister's kids), Mason and Reagan (friend's kids), Lily (cousin's baby), Delaney. Have fun deciding!!!
I think names are quite different over there so I'm not suggesting any...BUT can I just say you may want to choose something that you don't need to spell for people each and every time you use it such as at school. Unusual names might be 'cool' for the parents but can be a real nuicance for the child-particularly during their teen years... have fun choosing...oh, the other trick I used was "could I screech this name in a shopping centre 1000 times" trust me you'll say it a hundred million times over so choose something you both love!!
Krista (it's my name, but we don't really know each other IRL) :)
Since I don't know you IRL I can tell you our daughter's name is Aisling Eve. Aisling(Ashling) is an Irish name and together her name means "vision of life." we call her Eve. Other names we considered:
Addison Ivy
Charlotte Piper
Boys:
Brody
Brady
Corbin
Elijah
Mason
Ansel
These are names I like but won't be using just because I like using family names otherwise I would.....
Boys- Oliver, Bryce, Jude, Gabriel, Dylan, Dominic, Riley, Clayton
Girls-Aunika, Lillian, Jane, Eva, Audrey, Presley,
If we are having a girl, she'll be Kendall. We also love Morgan, but then she'd be Morgan Freeman and I don't want people to think we are making a joke out of our child's name!
We don't have it narrowed down for a boy, but we like: Bennett, Mason, Evan, Elliot, and Quinn
Good luck choosing! I can't wait to see what you are having!
Mia, Charlotte, Juniper, Lela
Carson, Quinn, Dex, Logan
did you get a name book? those are always fun!
My husband swears we will name our first born son Cannon. Not sure where he found it but he loves it! My mom has already said if we do, our child's nickname will be 'Boom Boom'. =)
Girl: Piper, Mercedes, Austin, Lane
Boy: Felix, Matteo, Mattias, Rhys
These aren't really that unusual but I'm suggesting them because of their meanings, with all you've gone through I thought it was fitting...I'm pretty sure they all mean Gift from God/God has heard or something close to that!
Boys: Nathaniel, Toby
Girls: Jaden (I think it'd be cool for a girl) and Eve because it means life, and you waited so long for this precious life inside of you!
Good luck choosing..I know it's hard!! :)
Teegan, Shelby, Rena, Jaelyn, Kira, Kara, Jeana, Jenna, Landry, Chayse, Nora,
Collin, Graham, Ethan, Owen, Lane, Blake, Brody, Landon
My hubby suggests mr or mrs cool. Gosh he's a dork :)
Our daughter is Madelyn Elaine. We also like Natalie, Avery and Katie.
Our boy names are Cameron Joseph and James Ryan.
Our son is Nolan Ahram- had he been a girl, he'd have been Kaida Elizabeth.
This baby is either Callan David, or Aubrey Nicole.
I'm so glad Nolan was a Nolan- after spending 5 days in Vegas saying "Nolan, come here. Nolan- Stop running. Nolan, hold Mommy's hand." I was glad he wasn't a Kaida!!
Oh I love baby name picking! It's terribly hard though! We love traditional (think old....hehehe) names & now they are becoming quite trendy so my DH is picky!
I like: Lucy, Louise, Bailey, Charley & Ruby for girls. Oliver, Jack(son), Julian & Sy(mon) (which is my new son's name!).
We have a last name that we cannot put a lot of names with.....or our kids would be tortured in high school!
Good luck, it's so fun picking!
Lea H.
We like traditional names, that aren't overused, but they are slowly starting to make a comeback.
Also, my DH is difficult because we doesn't want a name that he knows someone who's name that, but it has to be a name is heard before. Make sense?
Our top boy name choice is Ashton. I like Owen, Thomas, Oliver, Jackson, Simon, Titus, .
Girl names -
Molly, Lucy, Savannah, Rileigh, Emerson, Julia, Olivia, Charlotte, Eve, Avery, Ava, Brianne, Reese
Isn't it amazing how hard it actually is to pick a name!? It's fun to search though. Here are some ideas inspired by family and friends or names that I like that someone else doesn't or they just don't go well with our last name.
Girls:
Fiona (which I think sounds so cute with your last name.)
Deianerra (Deia for short, if you want to know how it sounds ask me... very pretty. It's Greek.)
Kendra
Amity (One of my best girlfriends name is this and I have never met another one.)
Caprice
Aislin
Julissa
Stella
Deliliah
Daphine
Boys:
Dawson
Hudson
Drake
Finn
Ryker
Pierce
Fletcher
Schuyler
Good Luck!! Can't wait to find out what you are having!!
There are great names on here! I really like Claire for a girl or Colton for a boy. My husbands name is Graysen Davidson which is different...Good Luck!
For a girl: Baily, Maive or Kady (pronounced like Katie)
For a boy: Jack, Max, Sebastian
It may be too close to Joey's name, but I really like Joely (it means God will be willing). And given your struggle with IF, I really like Eden too (it means paradise). I'll give you some non-traditional names I've heard in school recently:
Giselle, Saige, Emalea (Em-uh-lee-uh), Kailyn
Mason, Kieran, Carter, Keegan, Hayden, Devin
Hey Rachel! I cannot believe it is almost time for the BIG U/S already! Time is flying.
There are some great names on here. My SIL who went through IVF as well has 3 girls & she used "ana" as a common thread in their names:
Eliana Hope -eliana means gift from God
Annalea Faith
Briana Grace
Some other girl suggestions:
Madelyn, Anneliese, Rian, Victoria (Tori for short), Shayla, Kiara, Gabriella
Boy- Colin, Pierson, Grayson, Charlie, Alexander
GL! Have fun choosing! Can't wait for the unveiling.
GC, I won't be publishing your comment as I know it will be horribly offensive to many and I assume it was mainly meant for my "benefit".
That being said, I think many people have differing opinions on names and I think it's safe to assume that I won't be going based on any one else's opinion (just Joey's and mine) for this baby. But thank you for the time you put into the list.
Also Karsen was the name we had picked out for the baby girl we were going to adopt in February.
Obviously it didn't work out but we still think it's a beautiful name.
Hi..I'm a childbirth educator so I LOVE reading expectant mommy blogs!
I like the names Violet & Haelyn (pronounced hay-lynn) for girls. For boys I like Makai & Kaleo (pronounced kuh-lay-oh).
God bless!
Oh yeah, one more..
for a girl Shaylea (pronounced Shay-lee).
With your whole story... I think Grace should be part of a girl's name... even a middle name.
I love the name Ava, so Ava Grace. But any name is beautiful with Grace as a middle name. :-)
Congrats!!
Sorry, I don't have more imput on a boy's name...
I added my middle name to the previous comment...my first name is unusual as well: Keatra (key-truh). My brother's name is Kji (kai) which I really love for a boys name.
again, good luck picking!
A few I've come across lately that aren't very common:
Rhianon, Kaia, Sonja, Marlys, Gretl, Francisca, Delaney, Twila
Lars, Jade, Anders
I LOVE the names Channing, Jakobe, and Malakai for boys and Kadence for a girl :)
Post a Comment