Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My funny husband.

So lately Joey's been calling me preggo. Which I, like millions of other pregnant woman (or just normal people) hate.

But he doesn't say preggo.

He says prago. Like the sauce?

So today I say to him "uh! I hate that, I'm not prago!" and he goes "come on baby, alls I'm trying to say is you're my special sauce, that's all!"

I laughed so hard I was snorting (I tend to do that) and I couldn't stop. There's something ridiculous about Joey trying to be smooth anyway and he's just such a dope the things he comes up with!

So I guess I'm his special sauce. I think that's a compliment?

11 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

That is hilarious!

Does he like you with pasta or everything? Lol.

Mary said...

I love that!!

Pria said...

my Dh jokes says "are you prago?" by pointing to that prego bottle in the grocery store....its annoys and cracks me up at the same time!!

Kristen said...

First I read Bill's wedding day...laughed out loud in class, then came on here...laughed again. Looks like I shouldn't be reading in class today!!

Miss said...

that is sooo funny...Bill ALSO called me prago (or even Ragu sometimes if he thought he was really really funny!)

and, I can just HEAR joey TRYING to be smooth! =)

mindy said...

That's cute, my DH tries things like that =) I act like it's not funny and he has a ridiculous sense of humor, but then later in the day, I giggle when I think of it. Thanks for the laugh!

leah @maritalbless said...

Lol - you should tell him that Tony thinks he's smooth. Sadly, he's serious.

Rachel said...

lol Leah I am laughing SO Hard that Tony thinks Joey's smooth! :-)

Gotta love our men!

Christy_jebsgirl said...

Oh Joey...too cool to be smooth! You are too funny.

Sarah said...

Cute story! And TOTALLY smooth. Actually, I don't know if he is quick on his feet with that come-back or if all along, he was calling you Prego and thinking of you as his special sauce. I am not sure which one I admire more.

jpandtheboys said...

Don called me prego and would always say "My baby's got sauce." This is from a Weezer's song. (So he would actually sing it.) I think it's hilarious how you talk about Joey trying to be smooth... Again Don is the same way... here are just a few of his most romantic lines...

" You Sexy BEAST" (NOT SO MUCH) I quickly remedied this, and he never called me it again. :) In a nice way, btw.

"Honey I can tell you've lost weight, you don't have a double chin anymore." (This was said to me over dinner on Valentine's Day.)

I think that sums it up!! :)