This is a poem written by a woman on my IF forum. She has an amazing talent and I wanted to share:
Stolen
By Sarah Aarssen
I'll never check the calendar smiling, thinking "hey I may be late".
I'll never suprise our parents with the news of their "grandparent" fate.
You've stolen all the joy that making a child is supposed to bring.
You've taken a beautiful moment and turned it into an ugly thing.
I'll never once experience the thrill of the three minute wait.
It's more like a tortured time, when one minute feels like eight.
I'll see there is no line and once again we'll have no child.
I'm bitter, angry and confused and that's to put it mild.
I had visions of telling my husband, a Dad you're soon to be.
To see the look upon his face, his hands on my belly.
We'll never argue over names or the colors for the room.
We'll never giggle over the little kicks that are coming from my womb.
You've taken from me a joy that I'll never get to know.
You've stolen what was rightfully mine, striking a sinking blow.
Why does this happen to me, to my love and to our life?
I didn't see this coming, "mother" belongs right after "wife".
Infertility is the theif that snuck into our lives.
Infertility steals the child from the husbands and the wives.
Infertilty should be a crime but the punishment is not it's own.
It belongs to the couples who suffer, whose child does not come home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
pretty sure i'm crying at my desk at work after reading that.....every line is so true.
A very beautiful-but sad poem. It is true, no one can understand the hardship of infertility unless you've gone or are going through it.
Hugs to you hun. Stay strong!
IF is tough, but there is light at the end of the road there. I think IF makes us better mommies and daddies. I know I will appreciate being a mommy more now than seven years ago when I first started ttc. It's good to know in heaven that God will wipe away all of our IF/barren tears.
You're going to be a fabulous mother one day!!
Hi Rachel,
I was just googling my name out of boredom and see you posted one of my poems on your blog. Thank you for sharing it! I hope it has touched somebodies life even if they don't post a comment about it. I still get choked up when I read it and I know I bawled when I wrote it.
Strength to you and your husband.
Sarah
Post a Comment