Friday, July 13, 2007

I feel like a new person!

It's no surprise to those who know me that when God gets His hands on me, He works quickly in my life. He always has! I know that this IF process hasn't exactly been quick, but it wasn't until January that I really started dealing with it. And I KNOW that God has done a complete 180 in my life since then! I feel like a new person! And I like this person better :-).

A friend recently asked me what I felt God wanted to do with me through this infertility. This was my response:

***********************************************

i think it's all about the the things he's teaching me along the way. I honestly don't think it has much to do with the end result at all, as much as the ways i'm growing along journey.


i used to have a faith that looked rock solid.. i even believed it was.. most days. But I still knew deep down it could be shattered if I didn't like the path God took me. I knew that and it was my biggest fear. Through this, He has shown me my faith WON'T shatter, because He is stronger than I and He will hold me up when I need him.

I have never felt so intune with God. I hear him constantly,
and I've seen the rewards of following his instructions first hand. It's amazing!

i'm a third child and I have this thing inside me that knows how to make a situation seem the way I want it, or go the way I want it... I can make things happen, which can be a good thing, but it can be a bad thing too. God has shown me in a huge way that I CAN'T and SHOULDN'T control all things. Only HE is the One who knows the answers and plans, and that I need to let go of that part of me and trust him. I am His and His alone.

and TRULY in a way I've never known before, His grace is sufficient for me.

I found out My sister is pregnant with her fourth child. it was the lowest blow I EVER imagined possible during this journey. And yet I can't even begin to explain all the healing I know has taken place in my heart in just a few weeks.


I'm just a different person, I have a new attitude, new perspective and a new faith. And even when Infertility ends, I know the teaching will just continue. Maybe not as concentrated as during this time, but God's been doing some real work at the core, and that won't change. And I wouldn't want it to.

**************************************************************
God has done more things in my life than I EVER imagined possible... in such a short period of time! He brought me to this place where I know without a doubt I will never leave His side and He will never leave mine! I don't know what our future holds for us, I don't know when a baby will be a part of our lives, but that's not what this is about. Not at all.

5 comments:

D said...

I could hug you right now! That is EXACTLY how I feel about our IF-turned-adoption journey. Amazing!! I love what you said about it not having much to do with the end result, but the journey along the way. That is SOOOO true. The end result is that both you and I will be moms, but it's obviously going to be a different way than we expected, no matter what happens from here on out. You grow and you change and you view the world differently having been through certain circumstances. Yeah, it still hurts and it still sucks some days, but yes I LOVE what God is doing in the meantime. Awesome, just awesome. So happy you are working through things and getting to that point of being at peace. It's a wonderful blessing.

Andrew MSV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rich Angie said...

I just finished reading your blog from start to finish and I have to say that it felt like I was reading through the pages of my own journal. From waiting to share about our 15 months of TTC to even our closest family, to fearing that God wants to use me as a tool and mouthpiece for infertility, to feeling entitlement once I got pregnant (I was convinced I “deserved” multiples because of the pain I’d endured), to the frustration of deciding whether to pursue treatment or adoption. You made me bawl posting about the tulips for those suffering from infertility. What a beautiful gesture. I’m excited to have a found a new blogging buddy!

katd said...

So true! It's tough to balance our human will and wants with what God wants for us. But, even though He may not take you where you want to go the way you want to go there, I know for a fact that what He wants is a million times more amazing than anything we could've imagined for ourselves. The way we can grow and become stronger and more faithful through these trials is amazing.
You are such an inspiration to me, and I'm SOOO glad to have found your blog!
Do you mind if I link to you from mine? :)

Bridgit said...

AWESOME!!