Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Homestudy complete!

We are so happy that it's done and now we can TRULY be waiting for our baby! We actually really enjoyed doing it and it was very laid back! I was glad it wasn't uptight.. for so many reasons. I feel like we shouldn't have to jump through special hoops to have a baby just beacuse we can't conceive one on our own. I understand why we must, but I just didn't want it to get carried away. And it didn't!

Now we just wait until they match us with someone/a Bmom picks us!

Our agency assists in the matching process, they decide who they think we'll fit with and then show those specific Bmom's our profile (so we don't sit in a book waiting to be picked)... so really we just wait until the right person is ready to view our profile! Also our agency doesn't like to match too early in the pregnancy so we might sit and wait a few months just to match in the 8th month.. that kind of thing.

So we'll see!!!!

7 comments:

Erin said...

THAT IS SO EXCITING!!! I hope your waiting time goes as quickly as possible!
HUGS!

Sara said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy you are finally expecting your baby. I hope that the matching process doesn't take to long but I hope in the end you are as happy with your match as Jessica is with baby Ava and her biological parents.

Good luck! Are you having an open or closed adoption?

leah @maritalbless said...

Yay Rachel! :) I say you should still be allowed your cravings.

Rich Angie said...

Exciting news! You are well on your way!!!

D said...

Um, WOW! That was WAY fast! Seriously, like a couple of weeks? Ours took like three months b/c of waiting for meetings to come, being rescheduled, that kind of thing. Congrats! Now the REAL "fun" begins! ;) Hope your wait is a short one! =)

Searching said...

Congrats! Glad it went smoothly for you!

hope548 said...

Congratulations! Just stumbled upon your site today. My husband and I are about ready to send in our paperwork and our agencies sound very similar. Good luck, I hope your wait is not long!