Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Praying for my baby.

I know our adoption journey hasn't been long (4 weeks today).. but since the moment we decided to adopt, I started praying for our baby, for the birthmom, for her salvation.. for everything about this baby that's meant to be ours!

I use to wonder if praying for our child would come naturally to me, I worried I wouldn't do it "Enough"... but I have no doubt it is 100% natural for me to be constantly lifting my baby up to God.

So this morning as I was waking up, I was praying... must have started in my sleep? I guess so. Anyways, I heard myself (in my head) pray for "her". And I didn't just do it once! It wasn't until I was completely awake that I had to stop myself from praying for "her"!! So now I wonder, did I have some sort of prophetic vision on my sleep? :-)

3 comments:

The Writer Chic said...

I think the Lord could absolutely put the thought of a "she" in your heart. =) And on a less serious note, if I give you a list, can you CraigsList shop for me? Girl, you rock! I'm so impressed!!

leah @maritalbless said...

That has got to be encouraging!

L & D said...

Sounds kinda like me. Seems like every time anything having to do with the baby comes to mind, first thing that comes out is she/her/girlie. I've been told I probably should put a cork in it because I'll probably end up with a boy...which, wouldnt be so bad either :o) (just that to have a daughter would be soooooooo fun!)