Monday, August 13, 2007

I bought baby stuff yesterday!

My mom and I went shopping and I just wanted to look, but I couldn't help it, I brought home a few trinkets for our nursery! First my mom bought me a baby blanket. It's so soft and beautiful, I wanted to sleep with it last night!

I also found a baby book, a children's book written for adopted children, and a stuffed animal! It was very healing to buy some stuff. Knowing it's for OUR baby. The baby we're praying for and know that God has picked out for us!

I can't wait to buy more! :-)

7 comments:

Searching said...

That is SO exciting!!! :) Congrats!

AwkwardMoments said...

Excellent - Can you please email me the title of the book you found on adoption for children please.

AwkwardMoments said...

So sorry - i didnt realize i let a comment with out leaving my email ..im really starting to wonder where I have left my brain?!?! Thank you kindly for posting this information for me

Mama Bear said...

how exciting! it is fun to start buying stuff! We had so much by the time we adopted our daughter! probably too much actually!

D said...

Oh yeah, I cannot make a trip to Target, no matter how short or long, without sweeping through the baby aisles. And yes, stuff ALWAYS seems to fall into my cart and come home with me. It's fun. It's theraputic. It's hopeful. It's what keeps me going somedays. I think DH is ready to have this baby already just so I'll quit shopping so much.

I can't even do anything else but encourage you to continue! Start a baby drawer and just start adding little things you find here and there. I'm probably not a good influence. ;)

Rich Angie said...

Yeah for baby shopping! I found it very soothing/healing to look for baby items for my "future child". It gave me more hope to shop than to avoid the department altogether.

Busted said...

So fun! I can't wait to buy baby stuff. Congratulations!