Thursday, August 02, 2007

Lord give us peace.

Lord, we know that adoption is very exciting and yet very scary at the same time! Father we ask for your peace through this process, that at every little decision we would come before you and await an answer. We want to walk down the path that is meant for us by YOU. We want YOUR will to be done.

Lord you know our immense desire for a baby, but above all our desire is you. Help NOTHING to come between that, and we pray that as we walk this path with you, we would know you are with us. We surrender this journey to you Father, and we admit our weaknesses, we admit our desire to want to control things in our own timing and own ways, and we ask you to remove those from us and replace them complete faith in YOUR ways, in YOUR time.

Father we love you so much, and we thank you for your never ending love and faithfulness.

Amen.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Dear Rachel,

What a testimony of surrender to and faith in a loving and good God. Such a hard prayer to pray. May we all learn from your example.

andrea_jennine said...

Amen!

SJ said...

Rachel!

You faith is an amazing testimony to me. I pray that you are able to live that prayer every step of this path you and Joey are taking.

Sherri

Jamee said...

Rachel-
Your prayer brought me to tears! You are perfect model of faith and strength! I will keep you & Joey in my prayers as you continue the adoption process!
Jamee

Searching said...

I will pray for peace in your heart and strength to get through any stumbling blocks (or boulders!) that may fall in your path. Your faith is inspiring to so many, myself included. I can't wait to see pictures of you and YOUR baby! How amazing to think that God already knows his or her face and it's just a matter of time till you and Joey and to meet that little angel, too! :)

Pat said...

Hi Rachel,

I stumbled upon your blog from a post on the nest (which I lurk on) and I just wanted to you know your strength and faith in God is so amazing. You are definitely in our thoughts and prayers.

Megan - your Sept 22 wedding date :)

amy said...

I'm excited for you too. I hope it goes well and quick. My sister and brother in law are adopting domestically as well.
The Lord already knows who your baby is and how your baby is going to come home to you! Just keep focusing on following hard after Him and everything else will fall into place.