How do we have security in blogging? My blog is public and I have wanted that bc I have wanted everyone and their mother to be able to read as they please :-) I know God has used my blog in big ways in other people's lives! And I praise Him for that!
But what about when my baby comes? Will I really want to post pictures of him/her on here? Of course I will, but should I? What do you think? If you have a public blog would you? Or do you? Do you ever worry about it?
Should I set my blog to private? Or send pics of my baby via email to those who read and want to see? I feel torn :-( I don't want to have to close off my blog, but I also want to be careful and protect our family.
What are your thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Rach, I think e-mailing those who are a part of your social network online is great, I just don't know posting pics of the baby for those who browse just to browse. Does that make sense?
you've seen my blog before and you might know that there are pictures of my kids there all the time. the thing i try to keep closer to the vest are details about where they go to school, our address, and things like that.
i think a picture or fifteen won't hurt unless you provide their daycare schedule and social security numbers to go along with them.
so, post away!
and trust in Him who watches over us!
cheers
My blog has always been public, and I post pictures of us and of Lily on it. I never ever post anything about where we live or any specific names of anything around us. I also use a nickname and never mention my husband's name to try to prevent anything crazy from happening. It's tough when you make some really great friendships through your blog to try to hold back such blessings like pictures of your little one from the community. It's totally your call! If you decide to go password protected, just let us know :)
I have played with idea also and really I agree with others, I post pics on my blog too, but personal ones I send e-mail --- just really try to not put identifing info!!!
I just try to keep our identifying info private, but intend to keep our blog public. We recently had some problems with email harassment due to my husband's employer being involved in the Utah mining disaster, and had to contact the police. The only change I've made is to moderate my comments, so no one can put innappropriate comments on our blogs, but I figure as long as I don't post our address, phone number, etc, etc...we're ok. People can find out vital info of ours a lot more easily than by doing detective work from our blogs :-(
Hi,
I saw your blog from the nest. I just wanted to say good luck with the adoption!! Also, we have a blog for our little girl and just for people to keep up with what we're doing and I don't feel unsafe showing pics of our daughter. It's a great way for family to see updated pics of our daughter :-)
Rachel,
I don't know if I am listed as anonymous still or not, but I would love to be a part of the email if you decide to change your blog to private. I actually changed mine to private for the same reason. But I LOVE reading yours when you update it!
As a reader from The Nest, I ask that you keep it public :)
Agree with the others to not post identifying details.
Many prayers and hugs continue for you and your family :)
Post a Comment