It's so strange, but for two straight years all I've thought about, hoped for, prayed for was getting pregnant. And now that we're adopting, it's almost like it's a foreign thought to me.
And even though I have prayed that someday I might get to experience pregnancy, without having to try for it (medically).. it's not really apart of my thinking.
Well yesterday out of no where, I realized I could one day just be late and actually find out I'm pregnant (the old fashioned way!!)
It's almost like when you're infertile, you think that can't ever happen anymore. And for most people it doesn't because they push on with treatments until they get pregnant.. and then there's no surprise in it.
And certainly I'm not expecting anything, or honestly even hoping for it... but I just realized that could possibly happen to us. It's probably not likely (with our new MF DX), but I guess I have just felt like that part of our life was over.... being that we're deemed infertile.
Just an interesting realization.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What does MF DX mean?
Male Factor Diagnosis.
Sorry not on my abreviation list :-)
I do not think that "if" ever leaves my mind -- I still have that hope every month!
I have those same thoughts sometimes...we are actively in adoption mode, and I don't often think of the possibility of pregnancy like I used to...but it could still happen by some miracle! You're not alone!
I thought of you the other day about this very subject. There was an old made for TV movie on WE with Gabrielle Cartereis where she had trouble TTC and adopted a baby and then found out she was pregnant.
No matter what God hands you, you'll handle it, and love those babies more than anything!
The if never leaves. We have been trying for eight years. We have a daughter by adoption who is awesome. We trust God where he led us.
And there is always the if. I swear the if is going to come up when I'm sixty three, and menopausial Honey do you think I could be pregnant?
Post a Comment