Wednesday, December 12, 2007

And ode to infertility

This is a poem I wrote about our IVF....

************************************
Yes we’re infertile, it’s sad and it’s true
But of course there’s really nothing we can do.

We tried and we tried
And still have no baby inside.

But we’re hoping and praying if we spend 20 G’s
We’ll buy one baby and get one for free.

How you might ask
Will we accomplish this task?

Well instead of romance and candles and woos
A bit giant needle will be stuck in my yahoo.

His sperm and my egg will mix in a dish
And maybe just maybe will get our wish

If not than maybe my sister will assist
Since clearly her body was made for this.

Or maybe my mom who’s tired and old
But the minute we’d ask her we know she’d be sold.

But for now we’ll try what we must to get by
And pray that the lord blesses us the first try.

*****************************
ps no offense mom! :-) hee hee....

12 comments:

Amy (TheGiggleWorm) said...

OMG - this is so funny!!!

Amy (MyColonyNJ)

AwkwardMoments said...

VERY creative

MrsJeromy said...

As a fellow Christian dealing with inferility, I often read your blog. I find it very disheartening to read you raking Dr. Phil over the coals (I don't care for him either) but then the very next post is a poem that is by far more insensitive. While I assume you wrote it in an attempt to be funny, it is very pot calling the kettle black.

leah @maritalbless said...

How in the world is she being insensitive if she is expressing her own opinion, of her own situation, through her own blog in poem form?

What Dr. Phil said was not only insensitive, it was unprofessional. Not comparable.

For Rachel to atleast attempt to find humor in her situation is beyond commendable in my opinion.

Thea said...

Hmm. As someone who is also going through IF and who also doesn't like Dr. Phil I guess I don't see anything insensitive about the poem. If anything it's made my day. "A shot in the Yahoo". I love it!

Maybe mrsjeromy can shed some light on what she finds so disheartening about this post? Surely it is a good thing that Rachel has found a way that has a chance at working for her to have a child (you know, the thing that actually matters, NOT what she thinks about Dr. Phil).

Mary said...

I think your poem is hilarious. I don't understand how it comes across as insensitive?

leah @maritalbless said...

And I should add that when I say "attempt," it is that she can even have a sense of humor, not that the poem falls short of being comical.

Rach, you always crack me up, this time as well.

Christy_jebsgirl said...

I don't understand why people open accounts only to criticize another blogger because they can't just say it "face-to-face" via their own account. I think this has happened before...?

laurid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laurid said...

Surely mrsjeromy can understand survival by laughing/making fun of one's self is much different than a public figure making ignorant and therefore insenstive comments? C'mon.

Love your blog, Rachael. Found it from TTTC and appreciate your heart.

Lauri

Brooke said...

We should so get together and have some Caribou when you are in the DC/VA area. :)

Sarita said...

I love it! It made me laugh and cry at the same time. Rachel, you are amazing.