You are the source of life. No one else will do. I will take hold of you.
I need you Jesus. To come to my rescue. Where else can I go? There's no other name by which I am saved. Capture me with Grace.
I will follow you. This world has nothing for me. I will follow you.
I put my trust in you.
A friend of mine heard this song recently and said she thought of me an wanted to send me the song. As I opened it my heart soothed to a peace I haven't felt in a long time. I love this song, I always have. But today it held a whole new meaning for me.
I have never believed more in my life that Christ is ALL I need. He is my everything. And this world does have nothing for me. It's not what life is about. We were meant to be with our creator and instead we ended up living in a fallen world. And while I believe we can make the most of it while we're here, it's not what it's all about.
It's about this: "You are the source of life, no one else will do".
Thank you moni for sending me the song, thank you Lord for allowing me to realize this yet again.. you are everything to me. And no matter what, I will fall more madly in love with you. Because baby or no baby, you've already given me everything I ever need.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's awesome! May I ask, what's the name of this song & who sings it?
Thanks!
Lea H.
Lea, email me and I'll send you the song. It's "i need you Jesus" and I'm pretty sure it's by newsong.. not sure though.
The Desperation Band also sings it; the name is Rescue.
Rachel--I love that song, it's such a real thing, no matter where we are in life, we need him and in a heartbeat he's right there to swoop us up into his loving arms! I'm praying for you and your journey daily!
I was singing the song in my head as I read it! =)
Your follow up to the song reminds me of another song "I am homesick for now"...I think its just called homesick. But he is singing about how he cant wait to be "home"! I love it!
I love you!
What made you put comments back on??
Thanks for sharing this - I, too, am in need of hearing that message...
Post a Comment