Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nope.

AF didn't show. No where to be seen. And of course another BFN to go with it. Lovely.

I feel like I did when I found out our adoption agency lost it's licence. Angry yes. Frustrated yes. Disturbed yes. But strangely peaceful as well.

I'm feel LESS peaceful than I did at that time.. but this is the Psalm I'm relying on today:

"Why are you so downcast. O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your HOPE in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:11

I am downcast in my soul. But my heart has been reminded of where to put my hope.

I love scripture like this. Even King David had times (many times) where he was so down in the dumps he had to remind his heart of which way to turn.

Today I am like King David. I'm sad, I'm alone, it's snowing and deary outside. I have no desire to have to check out of my hotel room and go sit at a coffee shop all day. My throat is sore (oh yes a cold is coming) and I'm beyond sore from snowboarding. But mostly, our plans of having a baby anytime soon are postponed. Maybe not for that long, but long enough for us. Long enough.

But I will continue to put my HOPE in God.

No comments: