Saturday, February 09, 2008

About the calmness... it's not me!

I think it would be blasphemous (I'm pretty sure that applies to this situation) if I didn't give credit to where credit was due.

For those of you who know me... you know this person is not me. I have been known to be a control freak, bossy and the person who just makes what I want happen. This insane amount of calmness I feel, it's straight from God. I feel as though I have been completely transformed from who I was two years ago. He has just made over my heart, my attitude and who I am.

Yesterday as I was in the midst of the anxiety, I sat down and started reading my bible. My heart was completely calm and I heard God speaking to me through the scripture I was reading.

THIS IS NOT ME. It's God. He has given me this strength and I can't claim it for my own. If I did, I fear he'd allow me to crumble back into the old Rachel... and trust me NO ONE wants that :-)

So just had to clear that up!

7 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

With that said, you have opened your heart to God, in order for this transformation to have occured. And that is something to be in amazement about.

Katiedid1806 said...

I am watching and waiting to see what happens. You are very strong in this. Hang in there.

A Nestie

Beth said...

My husband and I are praying for you!! (TTTC Nestie BethCT)

The Gustafsons said...

I love your faith. You are truly glorifying God through this awful wait. Thanks for inspiring me to hopefully have the same calm in the future!

Jessica said...

Rachel,
Just wanted to let you know that we're still thinking and praying for all of you.
:-)
Jessica
(WhiteysWifey)

Career Girl Network Marcy said...

I am still praying, and I'll keep praying as long as you need. Hang in there!

mindy said...

Girl, we are still praying that everything works out perfectly. Can't wait for an update!