Friday, February 15, 2008

How dare you.

I don't know who this "random knottie" is, but this is the meanest thing anyone has ever said to me:

"I think it is about time you move on and stop entertaining the idea of this adoption ever working. It was kinda stupid to even talk to the person that screwed you over so badly in the first place. She probably just wanted more money from you.

I'm sure you'll delete this comment or not let it post, but it needed to be said. The hysteria over this all is just plain annoying.

I really do hope your IVF works and you grow up a lot in the process. "

You don't know me, and you don't know 'A'. She hasn't gotten ANY money, from either us or the agency, NONE of this had to do with money and I think you should figure out who YOU are before you start judging others.

15 comments:

-Rashel & Sean said...

I don't think you did anything wrong. This was your dream and no matter what, you were going to do what you could to reach it.
At least YOU have a heart!
(((((HUGS)))))
xo

The Gustafsons said...

Wow, unreal. Some people just don't get it. Us IF people would do anything to be parents, in any way, shape or form. Do not let her stupidity affect how you feel in any way. You guys did what was right and have been mature and faithful through this whole ordeal. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

R, K, O, W and G said...

Some people are so angry at things in their own lives that they take it out on others. I'm so sorry that you had to be a recipient of this worthless comment.

Alicia O. & the gang said...

That must hurt...but I'm sure you'll take the time to remember that people only say those things to defray the hurt from their own lives. Sounds like it was taken to a personal level rachel! They are your feelings/thoughts/concern and that makes them valid. Praying for you!

Wendy said...

I'm sorry for this person's insensitivity. I'm sorry they felt the need to post something like this on your blog. All I can say is for someone to do that, they must be hurting a lot themselves.

Christy_jebsgirl said...

She clearly doesn't understand what you are going through. I know you so well and I know having a family is your and Joey's dream. Keep focused on the positive people in your life.

Mae said...

I'm sorry that these words were even sent to you. There is no cause for ANY of that. Obviously this person knows nothing about you, Joey, A or your situation.

Definitely a "troll" who outgrew the confines fo the knot/nest and decided to come spew their nastiness in the real world. I will pray for them, obviously there's something wrong there.

Rachel said...

Yuck to that person. Even if they are hurting what ever gives someone the right to attack another person who they don't even know like that? I'm so sorry you got a comment like that. It stinks.

SJ said...

wow, some people are so self-righteous. Who are they to say what is right for you and your heart??

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amy said...

What a jerk! I don't think her money comment was directed a "A" though...I think it was directed toward the agency that y'all were working with before and how the woman from there helped y'all meet "A" in the first place.
I'm so sorry that your match failed. It is a dream denied and that is SO painful. I think someone has to actually deal with infertility first hand to truly understand how painful it is...obviously this person is not in the IF boat.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purposes." Romans 8:28

"The Lord will accomplish what concerns me." Psalm 138:8 (NAS)

Anonymous said...

WOW- what a horrible thing for someone to say!

I am so so sorry this match didn't work for you... I was hoping this was it for you guys!

Nellie said...

I am so sorry someone treated you this way. They obviously have some issues they need to deal with of their own. WOW. That was SUPER mean and uncalled for.

Rich Angie said...

people can be so lame and insensitive. whatever happened to "walk a mile in someone else's shoes?" i'm proud of you for handling the situation like you are. with feeling and passion. shows you're human. we all need a dose of that!

katd said...

That is horrible. I have had some doozies from nesties, and it's so ridiculous. Please don't let anything someone who doesn't know your or your situation says about you get you down. You have tons of supporters here in the bloggy world.