Thursday, February 07, 2008

This is hard.

Surprisingly right now I'm doing okay. But this has been the most draining few days of my life, I swear!!! We will find out tomorrow if the birth mother has chosen us. We have a 50/50 chance. And yet somehow those odds don't seem good. But there's still a HUGE chance we will be chosen right? So why does 50% not seem good?

I know it's 50% because A has had a hard time choosing between us couples because apparently we're both equal in her mind.

But it's hard! What if she doesn't chose us? Will we feel rejected? Not good enough? Or will we just remember God has a plan for us and this baby must not have been in it?

I can't predict how I will feel tomorrow when we get the call. I just hope that I don't disappoint God. And I hope the call comes early!

8 comments:

Collins Family said...

Hang in there I will be praying for you all.

jpandtheboys said...

Hello Miss Rachel!
I just want you to know that I will be praying for you & Joey! I have no doubt that the Lord will be present with you tomorrow and will not be disappointed in you. Hang in there.

erin said...

OMG, I have been blog-stalking you for months now, and I am so nervous/excited for you. I am praying that you get the good news that you're the "chosen ones." How reassuring to know that the wheels are still turning, and God is still working (albeit in mysterious ways) to get you two a baby!!

Good luck!

Michele said...

I'll be saying lots of prayers tonight and tomorrow. You know you already have a babysitter right?!? Among others I'm sure ;-)

D said...

Wow, what a night to dip my toes back into the blog world! You leave for a few weeks and look what happens! Sheesh!

Oh my goodness, so many emotions! I remember the night we got "the call" -- the excitement, the nervousness, the questions, everything! It was a crazy, crazy time, and we had a whole lot longer to process everything than you do! At the same time, if and when you meet this woman, your heart will break for her. It is absolutely without a doubt the MOST gut-wrenching experience I've ever had, watching my daughter's mom relinquish. It was truly awful. It's hard that our joy is their pain, and believe me, if you think you're emotional now... well, just hang on tight. ;)

Prayers for you and DH as you wait and prayers for this expectant mom and her family as they work through some tough decisions.

The Slacker Mom said...

Dulurking here...I just woke up, it's 3am and I'm all anxious for you, someone I don't even know. I really hope you hear soon and I really hope it's good news!

Kim said...

I am another one of your lurkers and I have been praying for you ever since finding your blog. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today for sure!

I read another adoption blog and they recently talked to a BM named "A" too and she was due on the same day as your "A". Unfortunately, it didn't work out for them, but I have faith that God knows what He is doing.

You and your husband are going to make great parents. :)

Anonymous said...

I seriously tossed and turned all night thinking about you guys.

Praying like a mad woman today, I am.

Can't wait for the update.

It's totally in His hands...