So I posted the slide show on the nest and I got lots of comments saying people cried. Well I though it was so funny because it didn't make me emotional one bit (even though I loved it!)! Well this is what a girl wrote about that:
"OK I cried too. I think it's because Rachel - you take something that is so hard and that so many people "hide" because there is a stigma attached to IVF - and you make it meaningful and even beautiful -- and worthy of documentation -- and it becomes so obvious that it is NOT something to hide - it is part of an important journey. I think it's a beautiful video. I wish more people could see it - and begin to understand more about IVF and infertility.
You two are darling."
I thought that was so true.... IF and IVF is NOT shameful and it's the way we'll (hopefully) create our babies, it's our beautiful story! I was so glad she wrote that to me, and I had to share.
12 comments:
I never thought of it in that way - it is such a beautiful (and true!)perspective to have. Now don't go and make me cry at work! :-)
The thought that IV and IVF is something to hide is very foreign to me. First of all, I can't imagine anyone going thru something like this without the support of family, long time friends and new friends made during and maybe even because of the process.
The people I know that have been fortunate enough to have had children without going thru infertility - only look at someone who isn't able to with compassion.
Our entire family and countless friends have been praying for our children tirelessly. All of our lives have been touched by what they are going thru and not once has it occurred to anyone to think less of them - in fact just the opposite.
IF & IVF is nothing to be ashamed of at all. It is sad we have to go through the heartache of not being able to get pregnant (quote) "the normal way". I will never ha dthe fact my miracle baby was an IVF baby I am so proud of that. I wanted her so much and loved her so much even before I had her growing in me that I went through all that to get her here. It will be the same for you. We will do anything to bring a baby home to love and raise. Your slideshow of the ER is beautiful and a memory you will always have from your road to getting pregnant! I am excited to get the fertilization update tomorrow! Wishing you the best!
This is a part (a large part!) of you and Joey's love story, and that is not just beautiful, it's positively romantic! I still feel privileged that you allow us to witness this journey. Your strength inspires me, every single day. I don't know why any family would be ashamed of IF or IVF. All families are beautiful, however they are created.
BTW, you once again get the "Coolest Chick I Know" award today.
Anxiously awaiting tomorrow's fert report.... :)
PS. LOOOOVE the socks/hospital gown combo. Total Hotness.
I was a crier as well-such a sweet slideshow. You two are adorable and will be awesome parents...I can tell! :)
What an amazing comment. I love that she wrote that you make it meaningful and beautiful. So true. The slideshow made me cry and who am I? I have no idea what the experience of infertility is like, I can only imagine based on your story and the experience of others close to me. Your story is amazing, and I think it's wonderful that you are documenting it and sharing it, & it's most certainly nothing to be ashamed of. I am praying for you. :)
Beautiful! YOu are lucky to have such talented sister & sister in law!!
Just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world with your ivf. I hope you get your BFP on your first try. I remember seeing you on the nest on TTTC and sometimes get to read your blog. I was in the same situation as you last year, and after 2 rounds of IVF, I am happy to say we now have 2 beautiful 5 month old boys.
It's strange, while going through IF, it seemed like the worst thing imaginable, but now when I look at my boys, every tear, every shot, every bfn was worth it, because that road led me to them. I feel like I was destined to be their mother. Someone once told me that something worth having is never easy. I really hope you get to hold your baby (or babies) very soon. You both deserve it so much.
its a great slideshow, it is important to document these amazing moments in your life. Love the Christmas socks!!
...I'm wishing so hard for you Rachel and Joey...hoping, and thinking of you often :)
That is the perfect take to summarize your story and the beautiful documentation of this step. It is such a blessing to be able to follow your journey.
It IS a beautiful story, and it's yours!!! I also hope that documenting it helps give you the strength, peace and courage I think you're giving to others by sharing your journey with them.
PS...I was another cryer. I am so emotional lately as we wait on our little girl to come home! Though I think this would have made me cry anyway ;-)
Thanks so much for sharing the slide show. The pictures were so powerful.
Post a Comment