Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Telling the family

Here is a short video recapping sharing our news.. unfortunately we couldn't get a hold of Joey's sisters right away and by the time they called back we didn't have the camera :-( Boo.....

Joy

PS. this song was on scrubs (our favorite show) when Turk and Carla tell everyone they're pregnant. We sat and BAWLED when watching it (Joey cried first!) I honestly thought we'd never get to do that.... but here we are!

29 comments:

Jeannie said...

I have been following your journey for about 6 months now. Although, we have never met, I am so incredibly excited for you and Joey. Your video is absolutly wonderful...what an amazing moment to have captured.

I wish you nothing, but the best and I hope you have a very ahppy and healthy 9 months.

Congratulations!!

Pat said...

Could you be any cuter...my goodness :-)

Moni said...

::totally bawling:: dang it, your video's always make me cry! You are so cute! I love the video! p.s. how tall are you??

Rachel said...

Moni I'm five foot 8

and I thought you were going to start blogging again :-)

The Tukua Family said...

Rachel,
I have been following your story for awhile now, and I am beyond excited for you guys! The video totally made me cry, God is good!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats...and by the way, I have twin boys have been praying that you become a twin mommy too!

Barbara said...

Oaky, I was there and I cried watching this video. Actually, the only reason I'm not the first one hugging Rachel and Joey is because I was the first one to know - ahead of time. Although, I'm a little bitter because I wasn't the first one she tried calling!! That would be her sister. But I'll forgive her because SHE'S PREGNANT!!!

Unknown said...

Too cute. I don't think I've ever been so happy for someone I've never met! Nice choice on the song from Scrubs, that episode always makes me cry. It's my favorite, too!

Erin said...

Rachel...I cried watching that-it is so very cute!!! I hope one day I get to do that!! :)

AJS said...

I'll second what dara said, I have never been so happy for people I have never met before! Your video was great. Thanks for sharing your intimate moments publically for us all to be inspired by. You and Joey are going to rock at parenthood! :)

jpandtheboys said...

Rachel I am sooooo happy for you and Joey! Everytime I watch your stinkin' videos I cry.... now excuse I have to go blow my nose. :) YEAH... congratulations again.. in case I haven't said enough.

Jason said...

OK...my wife walked upstairs to me all teary-eyed from your video. God is so amazing and faithful! Congrats again!

Jason

Jessica said...

Definitely cried watching that :-D
Congratulations!

casicola said...

ok, im so happy for you...as i sit here typing this with crocodile tears of joy....that video was better than any tv show that I have seen. Loven it.

BTW do you video with a camera or was the one with family a small digi? and what where they all looking at to figure out your Pregnant?

I love this idea and i may steal it because one day i will rejoice in my own day:)

cant wait to here your beta results tomorrow!!

close2it said...

Aw, that made me cry...too sweet. Can you please move closer to me and capture my life in video? I LOVE the way you do that!

Congratulations a 100x over! My continued prayers are with you.

Rachel said...

The first few seconds of the video "so.. um... prengnant" is what they were watching on the TV :-) And I had my video camera with a wide angle lens on the entertainment system! I made it seem like the video was being played from the camera :-) But it was a DVD...

katd said...

I just emailed you but I had to say here, too, how beautiful you guys are. Congratulations on your miracle baby! :) I am so thrilled.

Ariella said...

Your videos always make me cry.Why is that?


PS They were good tears.

Amber said...

Your story inspires me! I just hit the 1 year mark of TTC and it is stories like yours that give me hope. I am so happy for you and Joey. I look forward to reading your now PREGNANCY blog!!

Jill said...

wow, what an incredible journey you both have been on and what a fabulous way to end it! my heart goes out to you and your video is just so heart felt and so touching. i'm honestly sitting here crying listening and watching it... congrats!!!!! so many congrats to you and joe!!!!

Anonymous said...

tear jerker my friend...major tear jerker.

mindy said...

I love it, just love it! You are too cute!

laurid said...

You always make me freakin bawl...warm congrats to you. I hope to follow in your footsteps.

A fellow TTTCer.

Bridget said...

Holy moly! IM totally bawling!!! That was the cutest video!!! Im so happy for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

I have been a lurker on your blog. Congratulations!! What is the name of the song you used in your video to tell your family?

Ehlan said...

I totally cried. :) And my favorite part is Joey sitting in the background drinking a beer (I think it's a beer anyway!)....CLASSIC! CONGRATS YOU GUYS!

AngelsAmid said...

Your video was beautiful! =) I cried!

Unknown said...

Your video made me cry. It's so sweet! I wish I thought about recording my Dh's and parents reactions when we found out we had our BFP and told them yesterday! :)

Beth said...

I think I found your blog via the nest awhile ago and added it to my favorites. I just randomly clicked today to see how things were going, and saw this amazing video. I absolutely loved it - it was so touching it made me cry. Congrats to the two of you.

McGee said...

That video is seriously the coolest thing ever. I was bawling, and I don't even know you!

mcgee from the nest