Monday, April 07, 2008

I had a meltdown last night...

For the first time since we found out we were moving. I figured it was coming, it was just a matter of time.

I just felt overwhelmed yesterday with everything that lays ahead of us and all the emotions of leaving my family and friends and my house.. my life here! I know people move all the time but we have been in this house since basically we got married, we've been through a lot here and this is our state and we love being close to family. And I'm not going to lie, the 6 1/2 hour drive to and from Chicago this weekend was miserable. I was so tired and antsy and I got really bad headaches both ways. And Joey drove the whole time! I don't know how I'm going to do it by myself being pregnant. And I have to do it a lot this summer. :-(

I just lost it. Thankfully it was to my sister who was able to calm me down. And I don't really want Joey to see me be too sad about moving because he feels it's his fault, even though it's not! But I hate for him to feel that way.

I still feel sad today but I'm doing much better than yesterday.

6 comments:

R, K, O, W and G said...

Totally understandable! It is a long drive . . . keep your eyes open for those cheap flights (we've gone for around $120 RT). At least for the early stages of your pregnancy and after. It is such a quick flight, and might help keep your sanity!

Hang in there! Praying for you guys during this move and transition.

The Gustafsons said...

Rachel I completely understand everything you are feeling right now! As we drove back from Texas Thursday, I just lost it. It is hard being away from my family, especially when we will have our baby, but I am surviving it. We just save money in other areas so we can go visit them a lot. I have no doubts you will get to see your family more than you expect! I am praying for you in this transition, because I know how hard it is.

Barbara said...

Rachel,
Please don't worry - God will take care of all of us. I have no doubt. And please don't worry about the first few months - we may just have to fly you back and forth. This is a precious time for your family. Even though I would much rather have you close by - our family will never let you move away and not be there as often as we possibly can. You may even get sick of us! I'm sure your wonderful friends will come too.
I'm praying for peace for you today.
love, Mom

Purty Pat said...

There are bound to be some sad moments about leaving but I'm sure a great adventure awaits. Of course, change is inevitable but also good too.

Ryan Braley said...

if you ever want to talk call me...I have done both (had babies away from my family and traveled so much I considered buying my own plane & also left the only life Ryan and I ever knew together...even though I was coming home it was so strange to leave all that I had known with him but the meltdowns come and go you will learn to ride the wave and more importantly Joey will! I will say this I think Ryan and I were able to grow as a couple in a way that may not have happened (for us - not everyone) when in some ways all we had was each other so look for God to use this time to do that (even if it seems like you too couldn't get any closer...) Love you!

Christen L said...

I totally get this feeling.

Frank and I are in Grand Cayman because of my school. Then we have to move to Chicago, again because of my school. Then we'll most likely have to move again for residency, because of me YET AGAIN. I sucks feeling like that. I am not looking forward to moving over and over, being away from family (ours are in MI) and raising our first baby alone. I'm scared, excited (for the hospital part) and sad all at once. I can only imagine how hard it is while being pregnant.

Just hang on to your hubby. I promise you moving away from family bonds you in a way you can't explain. It has been wonderful for us in that way. Even though in the beginning we did not want to go.