I swear the progesterone just sits in the spot it's being injected into.. my butt is SOOOO lumpy! Which adds to the soreness and yuckiness of the PIO shots! But I don't really know what to do about the lumps! If you did PIO did you have this problem?
9 comments:
I have a lumpy butt too, but not from PIO shots. It will all be worth it in the end!
The lumpy butt is the worst!! Try using a heating pad right after the shot, then massage massage massage afterwards. Rub it vigorously! Thats what helped me...HEAT, then MASSAGE...
hang in there!
Hi..I found your blog thru google reader..I did the PIO shots for 10 weeks and I was bruised and lumpy. They gave me alternate places to give the shots..thighs..etc. Whatever you do, stick with your butt!! I actually lost some feeling in my leg for about 6 months from trying to do it elswhere. Heating pads and lots of rubbing do work wonders!!
I'm doing PIO now, and I don't have a lumpy butt (well, not from PIO, anyway). I make sure I really rub it in right after the shot.
I would massage the injection site right after the injection and it helped-- good luck!
I did massage without heat, but my guess is that with heat it would be even better. It takes a while, but the lumps do eventually go away.
I also used heat, but, I didn't really do massage. Right after the PIO we would put a heating pad on and let it sit there for about 10 minutes. I rarely had any lumps, but, that could be more a factor of my larger butt!
I put hot wash cloths on the injection spot right after the shots. That seemed to help it all "move along".
I used heat before and after the PIO shot. Heat your bum for about 5 minutes prior and then 5 minutes after the shot. For a heating pad, I used an old sock with rice in it (heated in the microwave for a couple of minutes). I also would warm up the PIO in the rice sock while getting the shot stuff ready. You want warm, but not hot PIO!
Good luck!
Post a Comment