Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The best side effect of pregnancy.

I wasn't expecting this, but I hoped... I hoped that God would bring me to this place where I can enjoy this side effect, and I praise Him for allowing me to be here.

The side effect I'm talking about? It's only one that someone who's experienced IF or Loss can understand... (sadly)

It's feeling happy for those around you. Not just anyone, but those who are pregnant, those who are mothers, those who have the thing you wanted for so long and at one point you couldn't celebrate with them over.

I LOVE this "side effect". I honestly worried I'd get pregnant and still be an enraged bitter woman (I think before I got pg I actually was moving away from that anyway, thank God!) and I would never be able to experience that true genuine, non self-focused joy for others!

But I do! I feel like a "fertile" in that way.

And girls who are dealing with IF, it's a beautiful feeling! To be completely happy for those around you. It something we all hate while experiencing IF, but don't really know how to move away from. And I believe one day you will be here! And you will love it.

Today, I am praising God He has brought me to this place!

1 comment:

Miss said...

I am also so happy for you that you have this side effect!