-your boobs can double over night.... and EVERYONE will notice!
-your feet can actually grow in length
-congestion becomes a way of life (I never even knew it was a side effect!)
-walking up the stairs and talking on the phone is a recipe for disaster (or at the least major embarrassment when you take 5 minutes to catch your breath)
-you know how far along you'll be at every point throughout the year
-you can poop 3 times a day and still have to go
-others experience constipation and you envy them!
-you truly don't go one day without thinking of being pregnant
-your belly can be such a source of fascination!
-you can like looking pregnant but feel embarrassed when everyone notices.
-you HATE when people comment on how "huge" you are for being not very far along.
-you LOVE when people tell you how cute your belly is (take that people who think I'm huge!)
-you don't love when people ask if you're sure there's not twins in there.
-you can eat 10x as much as normal and hardly gain any weight. And honestly how does that work when my baby is so small?!
-if you don't eat the second you need to, you feel like you might die.
-you can truly have a sense of what the sex is... and know you could be completely wrong!
-you actually like maternity clothes and never want to go back to normal!
-the smell of beer makes you wish it was good for the baby!
-you can want a steak every day of the week, for every meal of the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
so true, so true. My biggest thing that I didn't realize when you're pregnant...is that everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) under the sun now feels they are entitled to come up and touch your belly with or without your permission. Husband, family, a few close friends...fine. Strange lady in the checkout at Target...not so good.
That is EXACTLY what I was going to write in my comment...the whole strangers or even acquaintances that just march up to you and start rubbing your belly! Since I am not overly affectionate anyway, this was very annoying to me and no one prepared me for it! :)
I vote boy...you red meat craver you. :-) I craved red meat my entire first trimester and some of my second. Also, the whole being embarassed when people notice...I was exactly like that. I wanted people to notice, but didn't really like discussing it with people I didn't know.
I love your list. With my first pregnancy everyone said that about it being twins bc I was so big. Now that I am having twins and I really am huge, everyone says how small I am for twins. Sigh...you just can't win. :-)
~blueladybug - previous TTTCer
Sorry. I'm totally "that friend" who is like, "are you SURE you're not having twins" :) But you always look adorable when I've seen you, so its never been a bad thing. Besides, we can be even, after you stuck that HUGE pillow-thing in your belly at Motherhood Maternity!!!
PS. Rach, you move this weekend. That is not okay with me!!!
I never let anyone who's not my husband touch my bump :) With my first pregnancy, when people did that to me, I'd touch their tummies too and that freaked them out :)
Congestion - terrible. I can't breathe at all...
Post a Comment