


Don't worry it was still a good one :-)
I was thinking about this the other day and realizing that I bet a good chunk of American's would truly classify their wedding day as the happiest day of their life (and I'm not judging!). But to me, it wasn't! It was only the beginning...
I loved Joey so much on our wedding day, but I honestly don't think I could have come close to imagining how much I would truly love him only 4+ years later. I can't even imagine how much I'll love him in 50!!
Seriously some days I could make myself (and I'm sure others) sick with how much I love him! And the best part? I never knew it could be like this!We are very fortunate to be surrounded by many many happily married couples. But for many years (sounds silly since I got married young) I wondered if I'd end up as happy as them, I wasn't quite sure God had such a great guy in mind for me. Hear me now: NEVER underestimate God :)
Joey is an amazing husband, he is my best friend and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. My sister and I often talk about how if we lost our husbands, it would seem an impossible task to find someone else as worthy. We don't plan on having to try!
If you know Joey, I'm sure you can understand why I love him so much, but if you don't... he's wonderful.
He drives me crazy, but surprisingly those things that bug me are the very things that made me fall in love with me, and as I'm telling him to buzz off, I find myself smiling and loving these things about him.
He is so good to me. I don't deserve him and I am quick to admit that he is better to me than I am to him! I hope to change that someday, but I am so blessed to have a husband who adores me and dotes on me and loves me.
I only hope he knows much I love him!
So baby, if you read this, just know that while our wedding day was such a great day, it can't compare to each day that I fall more in love with you!
12 comments:
I agree I got married at Disneyland in CA and as great as it was it wasn't the "best" day. Wait till that little love is born THAT will be the best day!
I feel the same way about my husband. He is so good to me. And I too am fully aware that I'm am definitely not as good to him. I hope that changes. My wedding day was a wonderful day. But as much as I loved him then, I feel like I'm still learning what love really is almost 4 years later.
Agreed! It was a great day - but one hopes not the "best" day - as what does that say about the rest of your life?
just wait...you fall in love with your husband in a different way all over again when you see him with your child, loving him or her....
It only gets better and better :)
I feel the same way about my husband and I know how lucky I am to feel it :-)
Anyway, who wants to be happy on just ONE day? I get to be happy EVERY day :-)
Amen. :) I'm in the camp of my wedding day not being the happiest day of my life, as well. You're right in that it's a beginning, not the end of something and I would hope that some of my happiest days are still in front of me! Thanks for putting it into words! :)
Blessings,
Erin
I totally know how you feel, it's great :) (I've been married for 7.5 years)
I heard a wedding toast once that said "May today be the day you love each other the least." It is true that you grow to love each other more than you ever thought possible. Even going through the hard times (like infertility) makes you stronger.
You are so right I think I love him even more and our wedding day was just the beginning. I still can't believe how lucky I am to have my husband by my side. Our love grows everyday stronger and i know when it comes to time to start our family it will be an amazing experience for us. Your weddings pictures are absolutely lovely!
Even I can say that after 32 years!
I love it! =) and as we have talked about 1 million times....I agree! =)
Really? It wasn't the best day of your life? Even with ME being the most Amazing GOAT (That's "Greeter Of All Times", not the animal). That just surprises me so much Rachel. Usually having such an amazing and humble person such as myself involved with someone's wedding day makes it more perfect than they could have ever dreamed. Perhaps it was my bad fake tan and weird hairdo? Sorry about that...
Post a Comment