This is from the girl who has been giving me a hard time. I made a post asking her to email me, she said she wouldn't email me, so this is the only way I can communicate with her.
This is what her email says.
Seriously? Seriously! You want me to email you? Jesus christ you are a trip! You hurt tons of people with your behavior under this umbrella of infertility.
I have always been honest with the fact that I know I've hurt people. I don't think this is ok, not in the least. I didn't WANT to hurt people, absolutely not. I have asked many people for forgiveness, and probably have more so to come. But are you in my personal life? Do you know personally the people I've hurt? How would you be so privileged to this information?
You were hurting so it was ok to hurt everyone else.
This is not true. Yes I hurt people, but again I didn't believe it was ok, but I struggled a lot with taking care of myself while not hurting those I love.
And then you would go to the Nest and get all the reassurance you needed about your bad behavior from people who were trying to justify their bad behavior as well. The hypocrasy of your blog is laughable.
So you're following me everywhere? Clearly you're not dealing with infertility, you told me you had children easily, so why are you so concerned with what an infertile woman's journey is? And yes there were times I needed support from people who knew what I was dealing with. The nest has/had served a great purpose for me in this way. As did a few friends in real life who were dealing with infertility as well.
Everything you post there is censored. The rest of the internet knows your dark side.
I'm pretty sure aside from the nest and here I don't spend much time on the "rest of the Internet". And is there an I hate maydaygirl club? I would assume there is or this "rest of the Internet world" wouldn't really exists.
Do I censor? Of course! When my best friend found out she was pregnant and I was aching inside and it took me months to get around to being normal with her, I didn't blog about that, as I knew it would hurt her. We dealt with that privately, together. And yet I've been very honest about how much it hurts to see others close to me get pregnant so easily.
So in a way of course I censor, but I'm honest about my shortcomings (and I have many) in hopes that others will see the effect infertility has on a person, and also so I can look back through this time and see how far I've come. I never claimed to be completely and 100% open. I try, but I also have to be careful, as you yourself said, I could hurt people that way. (So really do you want me to be completely uncensored? Or do you want me to not hurt people?)
The side that hides behind your Jesus and the Amazing technicolor dream "coat".
Not sure it's a bad thing to be behind Jesus and ..... Joseph's amazing technicolor dream coat? Not sure what that has to do with anything....They're not even in the same testament.
Now, everything that I have said I'm willing to do it publicly. For the whole world to see. You have chosen to translate to the world only the parts you want other people to know about in a light that makes you look good. I'm not going to email you so that you can translate and skew it to serve your purpose.
I said that your were hurtful and offensive and instead of owning up to it you villanized me. What does that say about you?
I don't know who you are. I've shared who I am publicly for the whole world to see, but you're a coward and won't fess up to who you are (why are you hiding?). You have no profile, email or blog... so who are you really professing publicly to be?
This is my blog, I have the right to write what I want and if you've been so hurt, then you needed to stop reading, like yesterday, OR you needed to email me and have an adult conversation about it with me. I would never intend to hurt anyone (IRL or on my blog), and if I did, I would want to do something about it.
You come on here and say nasty things to and about me (and amazingly this seems to be lighter than some others) and I chose to claim "someone" was being rude to me and that makes you a villain? No one even knows who you are!
And maybe you are a villain. Maybe you're not. I wouldn't really know.
I wanted to email with you because I assumed you're a decent person. I believe everyone is a good person at the core, and I thought if we could speak personally I could find out what exactly I'd done to hurt you so much. And if we could work to get passed this.
But you refused. What does that say about you?
****************************
I need you to know that while getting a comment like this is hard and frustrating and sometimes scary. I will not be brought down by this. I've asked God to truly show me if the things you've written are in anyway true. I've asked Him to search my heart. So we're dealing with that.
And while I would like to never deal with you again, it's my hope that you will somehow see some kind of light through my blog. I assume you don't know God by the way you write, but it's my greatest hope you do someday.
Jesus told us to love our enemy's. So I have been praying for you. My mom prays for you, and pretty soon my grandma might even be praying for you. And when that happens, you're in for it... she's a powerful prayer. (Seriously she is.. but I'm just teasing)
I do not hate you, I do not wish harm on you, I DO wish to know your story. You told me you've dealt with many hard things in life. I can say aside from some very close deaths in my life and this, I've had a completely blessed life, I don't claim to have seen it all. And my heart goes out to those who have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
64 comments:
Rachel, I am so sorry about that person who wrote those ugly e-mails. If I am reading it right..I dont understand what she/he means by, you hurt people. How have you hurt anyone? I am dealing with infertility and dont feel that you hurt me one bit. Hmmmmm... I just dont understand that person. Maybe he/she wishes you adopted instead. Well anyway...I"m estatic that you went through IVF and got pregnant..and I love hearing about everything else. "The rest of the internet knows your dark side" Whatever! That person is dumb.
krzygrrl.. I have hurt people, most of us experiencing IF do.
I've hurt people by being selfish when I should be happy for others. I've hurt people by being too sensitive and hard to understand, I've hurt people by not rejoicing in their pregnancies (at first) but instead being miserable in our circumstances.
Those are some ways I've hurt people. But these people are my in real life friends and family. I no doubt have hurt people by things I've said in the passed on my blog that I don't know, but I've never personally attacked ANYONE on here (or anywhere else I know of) and it's ONLY been my intention to
a. journal my journey and
b. help others understand IF so they can better understand their friends/family dealing with it and c. help those who are dealing with it because it's such a dark and crappy time.
I think it's normal to be upset when you are trying so hard and so many friends and family members are seeing those BFPs and you're desperate for a baby. And it's normal for those people in your life to be hurt when you're not as happy for them as you should be or as they want you to be.
However, I find it's rather pretentious of a perfect stranger to call you out again and again on your blog for hurting people. They don't know you or your situation. Whoever this is doesn't seem to know the people in your life, either.
Naturally your point of view is "skewed"--no one's point of view is perfect; it's all slanted. This person can't really call you out because they are reading your blog with different eyes than the rest of us.
Personally, I've learned a lot from you. I think that's why so many women read your blog--instead of always being depressed and "woe is me" about IF, you're generally lighthearted and straightforward.
Also, as a Christian, I find your openness refreshing. It's rare to find open Christians in the city. To whomever is lurking on this blog--leave her alone. She isn't hiding behind Christ, she is praising and thanking Him for this gift. She relied on Him during one of the darkest times in her life--exactly how is that "hiding"? I wish more of us had Christ--instead of blaming ourselves or demanding to know exactly what forces in the universe are behind our pain, those of us who have faith in Christ know have strength in our suffering.
Rachel, I hope you keep posting and sharing your story. It's inspiring, and I'm glad I can read your blog and share in your journey.
Rachel,
I think this person is attacking you because you are a witness for Christ and is trying to stop your witness. Perhaps, there are forces at work here that we can't see.
I'm sorry you're getting bullied. I hope that person finds something better to do with their time soon. It would be nice to know their story, though, huh? Hugs.
I think that it is very sad that someone would come on your blog and criticize you. As someone who hasn't experienced IF I appriciate your honesty about your life and your emotions. I think that it makes me a better person and helps me to understand what those who struggle with IF are going through. If that person doesn't like what you are saying then he/she shouldn't be reading your blog.
Rae...I am proud of you. Everything in your repsonse sounds like it was right out of the mouth of God!
Good job letting him lead you my girl!!
I think the difficulty with all this online stuff is losing one's emotions and tones in their voice. I can hear the cries and see the tears, but I'm guessing a lot of people can't (including this girl). The problem is why does somebody put so much emphasis on something they don't understand? I applaud the fact that you're not harsh or overcritical of this person, but instead want to know more and help her. I wish and pray for more acts like yours. I love you Rachel, and I know I'm your husband and DO admit that my view may be biased, but I think at the same time these points are valid.
Rachel,
I'm sorry you've had to deal with this. I think this person whoever he or she is has something deep down they are trying to deal with. And some people choose to not deal with there problems and involve themselves in everyone elses life and situations to take light off of there own "problems."
This is your blog, you have the right to write your emotions, experiences-both good and bad-related to IF and not, and just about YOUR LIFE in general. You are not asking for permission for any decisions you make or things you do when you write on a blog. You are simply stating your story. If someone doesn't like your story they can choose not to read it. For those that are offended I think it comes down to them just wanting to cause drama and stir up probelms in someone elses life instead of dealing with there own problems. Yes the power of prayers is powerful-and this person-whoever they are needs it. Hopefully there bitterness and anger will subside and they can begin to deal with whatever it is they need to deal with.
Hugs!
Erin
I am so sorry that you are being harassed by someone. I hope that whoever she is, comes forward so that you both may find resolve.
I really don't see how expressing your feelings = bad behavior. Being human? That must be bad behavior too. I really think you put into words what a lot of women struggling with infertility were feeling.
Long time reader, first time commentor. :)
What can I say that everyone else hasn't already. This is a real shame that you are being harrassed. Of course you have every right to share your story, and you have been nothing but real and genuine. I think that you have to hold to the truth that you have worked through & handled the situations where you may have caused pain. You have asked for forgiveness and accepted responsibility. We have all seen you grow, seen God working through you. That is what makes your blog so beautiful. You have reached HUNDREDS of people through your blog. That is truly amazing. Clearly God is doing something, don't let one person ruin that for you.
Rachel, I think your blog is inspiring. It gives me a lot of hope. Keep on writing!
Ive never left you a comment before or talked directly to you on the nest, but Ive followed your story for a while now and greatly admired your strength and perseverance.
Unfortunately there are people in this world that are hurting so bad that the only way they can find to relieve thier pain is to hurt others, and I fear this is the problem with this particular commenter.
Of course you have hurt people, we all have...you are causing as much pain to some by your successful (congrats by the way!) pregnancy as you were with being unable to feel pure happiness for those who were pregnant before you. This is life and you should not be condemned for your feelings.
I'm so very proud of you!
Rachel, I love reading your blog (and haven't left you a comment before) but I found your blog while I was also suffering from infertility and doing IVF. I am 14 weeks along in my pregnancy andy our blog has been so wonderful on the feelings we feel while going through this and all the information you share has helped me so much along the way. I just wanted to let you know that I think you blog and your honesty is awesome and I commend you for sharing your personal thoughts with us!I am so sorry about the horrible comments you have been receiving, just remember the majority of us read your blog because we love it and we are so happy for you!!
Michelle
There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. But, I think you are an amazing person with an awesome witness. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I will be praying for you.
You stay strong and focus on what is important. (Whomever this person is would not be considered on that list.) There are MANY people who follow your story on the Nest and read your blog. Don't let one person ruin that.
You aren't hiding behind Jesus - He's standing behind you. You're His child and always have been. He knows you better than anyone. Stick with Him & He'll stick with you! But you already know that . . .
Rachel, I really admire you. I think your blog is informative and inspiring. It is a shame you have to deal with negative comments on what is a very positive blog.
I'm sorry someone feels their lot in life is to pester you.
Quiet a few of the boards on the Nest make my heartache. There is so much hatred towards Christians. I’ve been finding that even lurking can sometimes ruin my otherwise good day with so much negativity. I hope you can continue to not let it affect you.
Rachel, I'm so sorry someone's harassing you. I'm praying for you and your family and for the person who's bullying you.
Just wanted you to know that a lot of nesties have been discussing your bully (off-nest), many of us have been praying for you both. You have quite a team rooting for you, though many of us have never talked to you on the nest, we have been inspired by your faith.
Personally, I think you're very brave for sharing your struggles, here, openly, for the entire world to see. It's a testament for God, to see a woman who should (by most's standards) be angry with God and the trials he has handed you in this life. But, you have chosen to grow in your faith instead of turning from it. It's such a joy to see a woman who can take what life has handed her and still bask in his love!
I've seen a lot of very angry infertlity blogs here on the net. They often blame God, and sadly, are supported my far too many in their anger!
I think the internet is a frontier for Christianity. So many Christians are afraid to show their faith openly, fearful of attacks (like the one you have been expierencing), they attempt to down-play their faith. We, as Christians, need to openly lift him up! You, my dear, are inspiring others to do so. Please, continue to let Him guide you.
As my grandmother liked to say, "Kill 'em with kindness!"
Hi Rachel,
I've never commented before, but I do read your blog quite often. I'm so sorry that someone is persecuting you like this. The world often expects us to be perfect and for us to never feel selfish or hurtful emotions. The reality is, we're all human, and we all do. Being a Christian myself, something I don't like is the pressure we put on ourselves to always act in accordance with God's instructions. Should we strive for that? Absolutely. But feeling sad, hurt, upset when a friend becomes pregnant when it's obviously something your heart desires is not a bad thing, or something to be ashamed of. To not acknowledge that fact is ignoring the fact that God made us human, with very real and very strong emotions. Jesus himself felt sadness, fear and anger. Whether you have hurt people in the past is not relevant TODAY, if you've sought forgiveness and have moved on.
I find it hypocritical that this person who insists on emailing you about your "past hurts" continues to presently hurt you. Indeed if they are so concerned with people you've hurt in the past, perhaps they should take a look at who he/she is hurting *right now.*
Whatever the reason.... Rachel, God has blessed you with an incredible ability to share your story and a wonderful way to minister to others. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the video of you and Joey telling your families that you're pregnant, with Kutless playing in the background. It brings me to tears every time! Our God is truly an awesome God, and he has given you reason and opportunity to praise him in the midst of sadness.
Now go enjoy your husband and your baby!
I will be praying for this person as well....there seems to be so much anger and bitterness in what she's writing to you--I have a feeling it's not really about you, but something else entirely (and unfortunately, you're the one it gets let out on).
I appreciate your honesty and willingness to share this with us--and your continued faith and trust in the Lord is a reason why I continue to read your blog. :)
Love,
Erin
Hi Rachel--another almost-first-time commenter here...
I've loved your blog for quite a while now. I've never seen you intentionally inflict pain on anyone. This person, if she is who she says she is, can't possibly understand your point of view. People who have never experienced infertility (or Christianity, for that matter) first-hand just don't have the same fulcrum of understanding. That's not a point of superiority--just a point of difference. Just like there are probably things in her life that none of us would "get."
I'll pray for healing for her, but man...is it just me, or does she seem to be e-stalking you? Maybe I got the wrong impression, but she appears to be following you around the 'net. I ended up taking my blog private for similar reasons.
Best wishes to you and yours,
Min
I couldn't have said it better than those above already have. I pray that we all keep searching for the Truth (even when we are attacked like this!) Thanks for your honesty and openess. I can see God speaking to me through things you write - He is amazing, isn't he? (P.S. It's definitely not a bad thing to be "hiding" in Him, there's no place I'd rather be! hehe)
I want to thank you for your honesty, Rachel. I agree with one of the previous posters that said that there are possibly "other" forces at work in this person.
I experienced IF and then got pg, so I know your journey. I have also adopted, so I know that journey too. Nothing you have written has personally offended me, but if it had I would have just stopped reading your blog. That seems like the common sense thing to do, right?
Anyway, back to the person at hand...My guess is she doesn't know God and is angry that you have hope in Him when possibly she is hopeless? Praise God for your blessings in life and may He use you and your story to reach others for His Kingdom!
This whole situation is just keepin ya on your knees before our Lord in prayer. Which is, in and of itself, a blessing, right?
Praying for you, and this chic.
Proud of you.
The thing about the blogger who says they are willing to do it publicly is that they aren't. Their behavior is cowardly.
Where is their name - where is there blog? They leave so much open to speculation. Are they evil? Are they dealing with deep pain and lashing out because of it? No one knows because they hide behind a mask.
Why would you continue to read a blog by someone you consider to be "dark", "bad behaved" or that "hurts tons of people"? What could you possibly get out of it?
Please do yourself & everyone else a favor and remove this blog from your computer. I think it would be best for you and certainly for everyone that truly does benefit from it.
John 4:4
A round of applause to you for your fresh honesty & this post. I cringe to think that there are people in this world that thrive on stomping the thoughts & emotions of others, but all we can do is pray for them. I love reading your blog & hate that another person feels so inclined to attack you on every level.
Girl, I hate this stuff! I've always related to your infertility issues & have been so thankful for your openness about them -- I had been totally trying to push them to the back burner & needed to deal....you helped me with that without even knowing!
Anyway, you've handled this in a respectful way & turned to God for His blessings...... Hopefully all of this will give her hope in Him once she / he stops to really listen to His spirit at work here.
Love the blog & I with all the others would have just stopped reading if I didn't! =)
Lea H.
I applaud your honestly and your response. Very mature, very open, very unlike the behavior that this person has shown to you.
Rachel, Obviously someone who can claim you have a "dark side" doesn't know you at all. I agree with Miss, you handled yourself very well and haven't done anything to deserve this kind of attack. Nobody is perfect and clearly this person is expecting you to be. Why do they even care?
Rachel-- I too struggled with infertility and I know when those close to me got pg, I felt jealous, angry and bitter. I am not proud of that, but it is the truth. I know I also pushed some people away to protect myself. As manu of us dealing with IF know, there sometimes comes a point where you feel like you are on the verge of breaking, and you need to focus on keeping yourself intact at that point. I don't know who this person is sending you messages, but it seems like they are angry that you have triumphed. Maybe she is in a horrible, loveless marriage and is jealous that you and Joey are so in love. Maybe she didn't want her children and is angry. Just know that people like that are angry with themselves and take it out on people around them. I am sure that you are not her only target. If there is a MayDay haters club, then maybe we can start a fan club!! Hang in there. PS- i keep picturing Jesus in a technicolor dreamcoat now!!!
Rach, it’s easy for us (readers and friends) to say, stop wasting your time on her when you are personally being attacked but I know with your strong faith in God you will conquer this small obstacle since you have experience with the many big obstacles you’ve faced such as IF. You reaching out to this person just goes to show how wonderful of a person you are. I’ve had the pleasure of being your friend IRL for the last 5 years and I am so proud to call you my friend and I know you speak the truth when you say you wouldn’t hurt anyone on purpose. I know you've been struggling with this person for some time now but I am so proud of you for standing up to them today. Love you!
Hey girl. I'm proud of you :) Your blog is very honest and that is why so many people are attracted to what you write. Everything you put down here is the real, raw emotions of what you have had to deal with. And you are open about your faith and how He has gotten you through. THAT is quite the testimony :)
Hopefully this person will come to realize they are attacking you out of their own hurt.
Love you!
Rachel- I've followed your story since you were on the TTTC board. You have been such an inspiration to many people...people who struggle with infertility and those who don't. You should not be blamed for not rejoicing when finding out someone close to you was pregnant...I'm sure most people struggling with IF would respond the same way. You are a good person and I hope you aren't taking it personally what this girl is saying. It's your blog and you should be able to say what you want...if she doesn't like it, why does she read it? Just don't let it get to you, there are so many people that love you and love reading your blog. You have taught me to trust God and let him take over when it's out of my control. Thank you, Rachel, I admire you so much!
It blows my mind when people think that they have the right to tell someone what they can and can't write in their own personal blog. Your story has touched me from the beginning. It was your commitment to your faith that has made me evaluate my own relationship with Jesus. I don't think that there are words to thank someone enough for this. I am sure that your blog has touched others in the same way, so it makes me very sad that you might be making it private because of one hateful person.
Unbelievable! I will be praying that the peace and joy of God will transcend upon her life...just like it has upon yours.
Rachel, like many many other girls have followed your story I have also been following. You have given me hope, inspiration, a good cry from time to time, and a good laugh. YOU ROCK!!!! keep on keeping on!!!
I have read your blog a times through another blogger friend and I have never seen anything intentionally offensive. I was a nestie too and suffered with infertility for almost three years prior to the conception of my sons. I think that what you say is honest and real and expresses a lot of the emotions that people dealing with IF go through.
Besides this is your blog. No one is forcing this person to read it! If you don't like it, stop religiously picking it apart! Your
blog is informative and I am sure is a big source of encouragement and information for couples dealing with infertility.
Hi Rachel!
I'm from the TTTC board and I lurk on the SAIF board. I've followed your story since I joined the Nest last year and I can't imagine what anyone would have against you or how anyone from the Nest (I'm assuming this is a Nestie?) could think you were being hurtful. Good for you for standing up for yourself and not taking this person's unwarranted attacks.
Best of luck to you!
Rachel, I for one am NOT sorry she wrote those nasty things to you...because it comes across as if you have discovered/been enlightened by God regarding her and how to deal with her. You are doing an exceptional job at that on your blog...as you said, she should be careful because she now (I can imagine) has a whole host of prayers go up on her behalf....It is truly in God's hands now...and what a great place to be.
Rachel, I am so sorry this person is such a jerk. I cannot understand how or why people choose to intentionally insult others they don't even know. But good for you for posting this and having your say.
I pray that someday you will just be able to blog to get your thoughts and feelings out, instead of having to defend yourself about you life and your journey. I am not married or have ever had a baby or the chance for one, but I know that when I am ready and trying that if I find out I am IF, that your journey will help me through it. Thank you Rachel. You are very brave and inspirational! God bless you and your new family!! :)
I am so proud of how you are handling this situation. I know I wouldn't be as graceful as you are. Anyone who knows you knows that you would never want to hurt anyone. This person obviously has a very sad life and I feel bad for him/her. Keep your head up. This is such an exciting time in your life and Satan can't stand it so he's working overtime to bring you down. Keep doing what you're doing! Love ya.
As someone who so far has not had to struggle with IF I find your blog an amazing way for me to understand others who are going through it. I think you are an amazing person who has such a positive attitude even when faced with adversity.
I have never been in your shoes (or the shoes of anyone dealing with infertility), but I think you write your feelings out very well. I dont know how you have hurt people through your blog, as I dont see things the way you have or do.
I started reading your blog when I came across it on the nest and about the time you were looking into addoption. As being an adopted child I loved reading about how excited you both were and the heart break when it fell through.
We all have ups and downs in our lives, but we learn from them and move on. Some of us do this better than others. I am sorry you are having to go through this because of one persons poor attitude in life, but I want you to know there are a lot of people out there you have never met that are pulling for you.
I'm so proud of your well thought out, mature response. You have handled this situation very well. There is nothing I can say that others haven't.
I haven't been reading your blog long, but I really enjoy it. And so what if your view is skewed? A blog is a way for someone to share part (or all, as they see fit) of his or her life and allow people to be a part of that, and to interact with it through comments.
I've encountered people who have attacked me and then refused to talk about it in an adult way. Usually the person knows she is wrong but doesn't want to be called out on it and be made to look a fool.
Bullies put others down to bring themselves higher. That's all there is to it.
You are in my thoughts and prayers often. Peace be with you.
I just wanted to say that never once have I been offended by anything you have said! If anything you have helped me through soooo much! infertility is hard and draining and its nice to have somewhere to come and read other peoples stories! God bless and thank you!
I agree with everyone else, you handled it great and I think she is just trying to bring you down when you should be enjoying the greatest moment in your life. Do not let this affect who you are. I think you are great and have given me HOPE thoughtour my journey.
Can't wait to see what the new BLOG will bring.
People seem to take the "personal" part out of posting and emailing these days because they think they can say whatever they want and no one will be hurt or offended.
I am so blessed that I found your blog and was able to follow your story. Even if I wasn't dealing with IF, your story and your faith are an inspiration to anyone.
Don't let some cyber-stranger get to you. The lives you have touched are unending. Look at how many comments you have over one topic. This is YOUR blog. It is for you to share YOUR feelings, YOUR hopes, YOUR fears and YOUR happiness. Be happy. Dance for joy over your beautiful husband and baby. God is so very happy with you!!
That's freaky to have someone following you like that :(
I fail to understand where this person gets off being able to tell you who you are.
You are a good friend, a wonderful wife and above all will be an even better mother.
There was no need for you to villanize this poster, as their actions alone accomplished that.
How can one go through life without hurting other people -- whether its people you know, or don't know. We hurt people intentionally, sometimes in our selfishness, and unintentionally sometimes. What matters is the intentions of your heart, and where you allow God to take YOU and the people around you.
If this person happens to read my comment, I would like them to know that I, though quite cowardly myself, have approached Rachel about ways in which I felt hurt by her. That conversation quickly turned to apologies by Rachel, and admissions of selfishness.
Who does that? Only those who are open and honest about their faults. I know God's not done with Rachel, and that, like the rest of the human population, she will continue hurting people. But I believe the intentions of her heart are to help and not harm, to love and not hate.
I love you Rachel, and I too am proud of you.
awww...Rachel, this is just hideous. This person is just having 'fun' with you, the same as those silly school yard bullies we all dealt with at one time or another as children. Hold your head high, you've done your best to respond in a very dignified fashion now I would just delete comments from this person and "make like a duck and shake it off". I know ...easily said but sometimes continuing to engage is exactly what your bully desires. Disarm them completely by ignoring, ignoring, ignoring!
This person is having a ball with this, getting on each day, checking for your responses, reading what we all have to say....GET LOST BULLY, grow up, have some compassion and get a life!!!
People have no hold over you if they CANNOT get to you.
I like your blog for many reasons, keep going, take it off...you do whatever it is you like. I'll find out from Miss how things get on...:)
~hugs~
It sounds like this person has a lot of pain and yet really can't know what dealing with infertility is like.
The last couple years I've been watching my friends get married and have kids and it does seem so unfair when you can't have your own kids...especially not have them without paying tons of money.
Your are completely right Rachel. None of us know who this person is, therefore they can't be villified. I've gained so much insight from your experiences and when I decide someday to have a child, you've helped prepare me for what to expect. It's not like I could get any of this stuff from my family or friends because none of them have dealt with infertility.
Your life and stories have touched so many strangers.
You keep on blogging girl!
It's kind of sad when someone is more familiar with Andrew Lloyd Webber than they are with the Bible. I am still laughing about Jesus and the dream coat. Wow. I can't believe someone can be so nervy and judgmental about what you write on your own blog. Seriously--she needs to get a life. WHo out there hasn't intentionally/unintentionally hurt someone else? It's part of being human.
Kudos to you for being able to take the high road. I feel truly sorry for she who will not be named. I also wish she wasn't garnering this kind of attention. It seems to be her purpose!
I am a reader of your blog...and from what I read you seem like a very nice person. Normal. Grounded. Loving. Sometimes struggling, as we all do. IN NO WAY have I ever read ANYTHING that should cause someone such a strong and nasty response to you. Its a bit ridiculous.
I believe whoever it is, is a.) troubled b.) has a lot of time on their hands c.) is an internet troll who does these kinds of things on purpose and d.) enjoys the negative attention and "fame" they are receiving from being hilighted on your blog.
My best advice to you is to just ignore it. It is kind that you feel you want to "help" them, but I think they are enjoying making you upset. Let someone in their ACTUAL REAL WORLD..in their family... help them if that is what they need. To the person being mean...uh, get a life. If you dont like what you read..all you need to do is stop reading and go about your business. See? Easy.
For those of us who DO like what we read (the majority!) I vote you start your new blog...wash your hands clean of this mess...and concentrate on your joyous pregnancy and cute hubbie!
It's getting pretty ridiculous at this point, isn't it? That someone would spend this much time complaining about and berating another for their participation in an online message board and a personal blog is absolutely astonishing. Why doesn't she just block your posts on the nest and stop reading your blog? I'm really sorry that this person has chosen you to pick on. You don't deserve it in any way. I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around all of this because it's just so.... dumb.
I am TOTALLY confused about how you have "hurt" people through your blog, but whatever. I just want to say in my opinion you have only been honest and forthcoming and I am sorry about this particular commenter's very hurtful thoughts.
Rachel- you are so brave, well spoken and kind. You go! I'm sorry there has to be someone out there like that. Take care of yourself!
Rachel - this person's e-mail to you sickens me. It makes me very angry on your behalf. But what makes me sad is that you seem to be questioning whether or not some of the things this person says might be true.
Honey - no way. She (and that's an assumption but I'm guessing she's a she) is clearly a very vindictive, jealous, nasty person. And a bad speller to boot. Let it go. She's pathetic. You are kind to pray for her.
Post a Comment