But I have to blog about it anyway.
My mom has a dog named Sophie. She's about 5 months old and still working on house training (though mostly has it down). Well my mom and dad were out of town all week and I've been at their house (in MINNESOTA ... weddings) so I've been watching her.
Well last night I was at my SIL's and Sophie escaped from her kennel and ate all their dog's food (a husky! so big food). I didn't realize this until later however.
So I bring Sophie home, give her breakfast and start working in the basement where my computer is. I kept smelling terrible gas but I couldn't do anything about as she had to be in the basement with me.
Finally about an hour later I got up and saw in the corner she had pooped in two different places and it was not a good site. So I started cleaning because my mom was on her way home and of course I didn't want her to come home to this.
Well the next thing I know I'm THROWING UP on my mom's carpet! Great, more mess! I tried it again, more throwing up.
So I call my sister half laughing half crying half laughing cuz I don't know what to do! She gives me some instruction (she has some experience with poop and being pregnant) and I try it again. More throw up.
Finally I give up and call my mom sobbing because I feel so bad I can't clean it up and I've puked on her carpet. She's on her way home and she was so sweet, told me to go outside and get some fresh air.
Well after about 10 minutes I had to go back down and clean up my puke, she shouldn't have to clean her grown daughters puke. While I was down there the smell was so bad I got sick again on the way up the stairs (the very LOOOOONG stairs). And I started gagging but I didn't want to puke on her carpet, so I just looked to the ceiling while I dashed.
Sure enough, I threw up in my mouth.
I've NEVER had anything that disgusting happen to me. And hopefully I never will again. But with kids on the way, I suppose that's doubtful.
So that's the story you probably shouldn't have read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
25 comments:
I could not stop laughing at this story because it's exactly how I would have been. I'm sorry you go so sick hopefully you are better now.
Rachel-- so not funny...but I laughed out loud. I cant imagine how awful that was for you!
I am sure it was not your intention to make people laugh-but I really needed a laugh today-- so Thank you!
Ah yes, the pregnant mad dash to the bathroom (or other puke-safe environment) with the creep already in your throat or worse...I know it well, I know it well...one time I hit the wall :) Body first (because I was looking up to keep it in!!) and then the rest came with it! What a mess...
I'm sorry, but that's funny in a really weird way. How horrible though, especially since you were trying to be a good daughter and clean it up. I hope you're feeling better now.
oh no! sounds like something you will be able to laugh about someday. you can show your child and say "see what i went through for you?!" hope the puking stays away!
oh my gosh I am so sorry, that sounds miserable!
I'm a little relieved though, when you said it was a story we wouldn't want to read, and then a dog was mentioned in the first paragraph....I thought it was going to have a Marley and Me kind of ending.
Still, I'm very sorry and hope you can enjoy a puke-free evening!
Oh my gosh, that is so funny! And really disgusting. I can't stand the smell of our dogs' poop now, so I can't imagine what I'll do when I'm pregnant. That literally made me LOL.
I'm sure you felt dreadful but it's so funny...I know not really, but it is!!
and yeah, there are heaps worse things coming your way...secret women's business...but somehow cleaning up after your own children just sin't that bad, maybe it's because you know the buck stops with you. You just do it!
You made me laugh :)
LOL. Ok reading this made me almost throw up in my mouth. It's just not a story my newly sensitive stomach can take. :) Thanks!
Oh.my.gosh. Rae - that's not a nice story to share lol! But of course I had to call Ton in right away and tell him!
oh my gosh Rachel that is so funny and gross all at the same time! I was laughing and then caught myself making the ugliest face as i was reading along. Thanks for the laugh!! And hope you're feeling better!
moni
ohhhh... I am so sorry! That's just raunchy!
I have to admit, I was laughing while reading it too... I almost puked the other day having to clean up my dogs slobber (not even poop!) and I'm not even pregnant! ... nasty stuff that's for sure! And yes, once you've had your share of baby poop smeared all over the play room (and your toddlers face) you'll think that this experience was NOTHING, lol.
First, I'm sorry you had to deal with that. No fun! But, in a twisted way it was funny to me. :) Glad you are out if there and aren't tossing your cookies any longer.
Okay Rach, you are too funny. I am sitting here in the office cracking up laughing. I had to walk away from my computer.
I am sorry to laugh at your story but I can totally picture it and your face!
That sounds horrible but made me laugh uncontrollably. :)
Most definitely a story your little one will love to hear when they're older. :)
You've made me laugh at loud at work!
Sounds terrible, and I hope you were able to get that taste out of your mouth!
That's a really funny story (really funny!!!!) but also makes me want to cry for you. I would have been super frustrated. I'm sorry! But thanks for the laugh :)
And I'm sorry about dumb people trying to ignore the problems in there own lives by making others miserable. Or trying to anyway.
That's no fun.
If you're not laughing about this now, you will be down the road...that's just so funny! Sorry :(
Oh don't worry I was laughing while writing this. Not while it was happening but only a few hours later :-)
Glad I could give you all a good laugh!
So familiar!! I think that pregnancy is the most beautiful thing that happens to a woman, but also the grossest. Just wait til you can't hold in your gas anymore :-)
Rachel, I'm so sorry ... but this is so hilariously funny! I was in class when I read it and I had to hide my huge giggle behind my laptop screen. Thanks for sharing this story with us ... and I do hope you feel better now.
I'm sorry....I couldn't help but laugh! It reminds me of the time I got food poisoning when I was at least 8 - 8-1/2 months pregnant with my first. I was at work, and I barely made it into the bathroom before the puking (a public restroom stall where someone else was next to me) ensued. Oh, and before the puking started, I was on the phone with the nurse of the doctor I worked for at that time. I told her I had to hang up because I needed to go throw up now. When I finally left the bathroom, I got back into the office, and my clinic manager took one look at me and sent me home. I got into the parking ramp and puked again. In my car, driving home, and I puked again while driving through the Lawry Tunnel. Fun. I barely made it into the apartment before I started throwing up again. Biggest mess ever!
Anyway, if it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one.
TheTranas, your story DEFINITELY tops mine!!!!! You poor thing!
LOL I don't know. Throwing up, any way you look at it, really isn't a very pleasant experience. I'm just thankful it didn't send me into pre-term labor. Although it took YEARS before I could eat Indian food again!
I hope your morning sickness and aversions subside soon, if they haven't already.
Robin
Post a Comment