Isn't that how it goes? Well here it is, I'm going private with my blog.
Why?
Because I hate mean people. I don't understand people who can get any kind of joy in their life from making others feel bad. It's a sad life and I can't even imagine that.
So I'm going private.
I never wanted this, I always wanted this to be an open tool for anyone who needed it.
But one person spoils it for everyone.
Actually I've had my fair share of rude people over the last 2 years, but a repeat offender won't back off. And I don't like sharing the intimate parts of my life (which will soon include a baby) with people who clearly despise me.
So this is going to be crazy.... but if you read and want to continue reading, you'll have to send me an email. I will never post your email, but if I don't have it, I can't email you with the private invite when the time comes.
So here's the email you should email it to: If it doesn't come to this email, you won't get the invite:
shabrownie05@yahoo.com
Also, unfortunately I am only allowed to have 100 readers, so it will start with people I actually know. I also don't want to make the mistake of letting in the very person I am trying to keep out. So if you know me (even through the nest), or you know someone who knows me, include that in the email. I can't always tell who people are based on their email addresses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
28 comments:
That is so sad. Is this the same person that has been harassing you for awhile now? Do you know this person or is it just somebody random? That is really annoying and I'm sorry you have to go private.
You know I want to keep reading? Right? :)
Rachel... Ben and I read your email just to check up on our little castaway friend... We don't want to have to take up a space with your 100 readers so I won't email you... It's just too bad that this is happening... Is there any way you could just take the comments off so you don't have to hear the mean words???
Yes I could take the comments off, but then these types of people are still allowed to be in my life... and I'm not ok with that :-(
what in the world could someone be harnessing you about?
I read your blog, though I don't have fertility problems, because I like the story.
I have recommended it to people, and especially my cousin who is struggling with infertility. God has used you to show so much strength and it could be an encouragement to people, perhaps you should think about the benefits of the message of this blog.
Stayathome mom,
The benefits to others has been the very reason I haven't gone private in the past.... but I can't compromise my own personal freedom and safety for that.
I just wish I could have more than 100 readers. I've contacted google and we'll see what they say.
NOOO, I so look forward to reading your blog. You have such great insight about different situations. Is there anyway that you can make it so people can't leave comments. I am so sorry that people can be so mean and spiteful. They are just so insecure with their own lives that they have to make others feel like crap. I know that you have been so inspirational for others who are TTC or TTTC. Just know that you have made me feel better about my journey to TTC. You put everything into wonderful perspective. I hate to see you go but I understand and wish you the best of luck
No! That's so sad and pathetic. Clearly this person needs to get a life--you have a beautiful blog and I'm definitely sending you my email--I love reading it!
I'm sorry that you have to deal with this creep. They are obviously very unhappy in their own life and are taking it out on you. You should be able to enjoy every minute of this exciting time in your life without having someone steal any of that excitement and joy.
Uhg. So frustrated for you. That is so lame. Satan is trying to rob you from your ministry, my mom has always said that our infertility stories are apart of our ministry and testimony.
Keep shinin your light my friend.
I'm sorry that you've had to deal with this. It's unfortunat that some people lack integrity and spoil things for the rest of us, but I understand your decision completely. Thanks for sharing your story--I will be able to keep up wtih you on the Nest, but best wishes for a wonderful pregnancy--I wish you and Joey all the happinesss you deserve.
Ditto previous comments! I love reading your blog and you provide great insight and inspiration. I am sorry that you have to deal with negative and rude people who cannot be supportive!
I'm sorry you are having to do this, as I too enjoy reading your story. But, as I'm from The Nest, I will allow someone else a spot to keep up on your life.
I wish you all the best!
Sorry this is happening, I too love reading your BLOG. You give a lot of people HOPE. I emailed you.
Hey, I am a stranger... I happened upon your blog when a few ladies on NEY (I think) on the knot were talking about how they were happy you finally were pregnant. I've been following your story since then, so I'm kind of a newbie. Anyway, I would have loved to continue following your journey, but I understand if you really need to take the blog private. Since you have limited readers and I don't really know you, I don't want to take up any space for those that do. So I won't be e-mailing you.
However, before you do officially take it private, I wanted to let you know that there is a tool (it's free) that you can use to track and block IP addresses. You can block them from even viewing your blog, and certainly keep them from commenting. Since you seem to have a repeat offender, this might be a good option for you. Let me know if this is something I can tell you more about... it's an easy thing to add to your page. You can e-mail me at heatherkj11 at yahoo dot com if I can help.
I'm really sad to see you "go"!
Rachel,
I am so sorry. It's unfortunate that people choose to be deliberately mean. I don't understand that. I have a thought. I know that your journey is very personal. Is there a way to create two blogs. One that is for sharing pictures of you, Joey, and the baby (more personal) and one that might be a little less personal but continues to be public to remain as a ministry to the women that read it for encouragement that go through infertility. One that would be intended for ministry but keep yourself and your family a little bit more protected. I hate to see your blog be closed to women that it can continue to reach. With that said I am just making a suggestion and completely understand the need to protect yourself and your family. Whatever your decision I am sure that as sad as many people will be that your decision will be respected. Hang in there. I am sorry that this person has been so rude to you, there is not cause for such behavior. Take care and I will be praying for you.
Jennifer
grr! (toward the mean person!)
I feel for you Rachel!
If you're doing comment moderation, why don't you just delete the assholes?
Sorry someone's ruining this for you.
Rachel, I never comment on your blog, but I'm saddened that you are deciding to go private, I've been following it since you went through IVF. I am hooked!!! You and your family are the cutest!!! Since I don't know you I won't e-mail you. But I hope you reconsider, I would love to keep following your blog throughout your pregnancy. Best of luck!!! Suzy
Say it ain't so! Rachel, your blog is inspirational and I love reading your thoughts on IF and pregnancy. I'm SO sorry that someone is trying to drag you down. Know that you are a wonderful person and that there are lots of us out here in the virtual world who think you are awesome!
For the life of me I can't understand how anyone could find pleasure in criticizing something as personal as another's blog.
Each blogger has a style of their own and thats the beauty - we can chose the ones we benefit from reading.
As Rachel's mom her posts haven't always been easy for me to read, but I know my daughter's heart. Her intentions were to journal - be it publicly, about a very real and personal journey in her life. And in the process it became a ministry to so many others in the same position and I am so proud of her.
To you, Hurtful Blogger,
My prayer is to find healing from our loving Father for the pain that has caused you to lash out so cruelly at others.
I'm so sad to see your blog go private, but completely understand! I just started reading your blog recently when someone at work mentioned it to me. It was so nice to read about someone who was going through so many similar experiences. You truly have inspired me to remain hopeful and put my trust in God's will. I'm sorry you had to be harassed when you are doing so much good!
I'm sorry to hear you're taking the blog private, but completely understand why. Know that your story has touched my heart, even in the midst of difficult & painful times. I don't want to take a spot from a real life friend, but know that I will keep you in my prayers and keep an eye out for you on the Nest. Hopefully you'll post updates and your birth story. :)
I am sad you are going private! I love reading about you and your life. You give me so much hope and inspiration. I hope that you are able to find a way to add as many as you want. I also pray for those people who seem to think it is alright to speak negatively to such a sweet person!
rach!
sad, but completely understandable that you are doing this...
carlson_jen@juno.com
you know where to find me!
Just wanted to say I'm so sorry that someone has made this step necessary. I've really enjoyed following your journey and I've admired your strength. I can't imagine why anyone would attack you over this blog.
Best wishes to you!
What?? I'm sorry people can be so mean. You of all people definitely don't deserve that. Please add me!
moniluvsmatt@hotmail.com
Hi. I've never commented on your blog, but am deeply saddened that there are people out there that want to bring hate into others lives. Good luck with everything! And I hope you can keep giving inspiration to others through your life and blog!
What a sad, sad day. I really enjoy reading your blog. It provides inspiration to me daily. I have sent an email to the address that you advised and I look forward to continuing to read about you, Joey, and baby.
Post a Comment