Monday, July 09, 2007

A night with Mr. and Mrs. PG

Last night Joey and I went to Mr. and Mrs. Pg's house (names will be kept hidden to protect the one later named in the post as the pant pea-er). This was the first Mr. and Mrs. to get Pg since we "outed" our IF struggles back in January. This was a pregnancy that I especially struggled a great deal with. But through the grace of God Satan did NOT take this friendship and I hope that this process has actually strengthened it!

Anyways, so we got together with them and ate dinner and played games. It was a great night filled with DYING of laughter, peeing of the pants (Mrs. PG-7 months pregnant!) and more laughter (followed by more peeing of the pants)! It was such a great night. It was in fact the first time I've been with Mrs. Pg where I didn't cry afterwards. I KNOW that's from God. I KNOW that's a sign of how far He's brought me and that means I'm not as completely self focused as I was when this whole thing started!

I praise God for the place that He's brought this friendship and where He's brought MY heart!

4 comments:

JJ said...

Im new to your blog...but just wanted to wish you the best, and tell you that your faith is inspiring=)

Cindy said...

I thank God for all He's done and is doing in your life, Rachel, and in the lives of those of us who grow from reading your blogging - which varies from hilarious to heart-breaking - but which is always incredibly honest and faith-filled. Thanks for sharing from the heart.

Anonymous said...

I cry everytime I read your blog. I love you so much....you are gonig to be an amazing mom someday...you are already an amazing friend, sister, wife!
miss

SJ said...

It is so great to react "that place" isn't it? :)

I agree with the ladies before me. Your faith is inspiring and encouraging. Thank you so much for your blog.