Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The walk of doom...on the way to shot teaching class!

So Joey and I had an appt at CRM (center for reproductive medicine) today at 8am for a shot teaching class. We walk in right at 8 and the waiting room is plump full. Then a few seconds later a nurse comes and calls us to follow her and silently we all wisk away.

We walked down a few long winding hallways and I could hear the silence between the 5 couples get louder and louder and I couldn't help but think "this is what making a baby has come to. Going to a class with other married couples to learn how to get a shot (by your husband no other) in the butt."

And let me tell you, that needle was no tiny butterfly needle, it was the mother of all mothers!! Yikes.

Also, the nurse explained the area of the buttock we would receive the shot is thick skin and he need to apply a lot of "force" to get the needle in! *zoiks*

Now if there are words I don't like together (and I haven't given it much thought before today) but they are the words: giant needle, butt, husband, lots of force, thick skin... all in one sentence! *sigh*

All in the all the class went well but lets just say I'm not looking forward to this shot at all! Joey on the other hand, I think it quite excited about the endeavor! But I do hope we only have to do this once!

3 comments:

amy said...

What meds are you taking this cycle that the needle is so large and has to be administered by Mr. MayDayGirl?????

Whenever I see other people at the RE's I always feel like there is this unspoken bond. I often want to say "Sucks, doesn't it??" but I haven't....yet!

leah @maritalbless said...

Oh my Rach! I'd have to agree on your new least favorite words in one sentence!

Bridgit said...

Leave it to Dr. Joe... Only he could truly be excited about - duh duh duh... the forceful shot in the butt...
Sorry. :( All along I've wished I could share more in your experience to better understand all you're going through -- it stops here. There is nothing about what you've just described that I would want to understand more. My true heartfelt sympathy is all I can give, but you have that. And my continued prayers.