Friday, August 24, 2007

I KNOW God will provide...

I know this. I do. But sometimes I still worry. Today was sort of a breaking point for me. I'm starting to worry financially. Truth be told, this is nothing Joey and I have ever really dealt with. We've always had plenty and we've traveled and shopped and done what we've wanted. But that might change. And I'm okay with it, as long as we have enough to get by.

When I started doing wedding videos 3 years ago, I knew that it was from God. And I always said (and believed) that if God stopped bringing in the weddings, He would provide in another way. Well here we are three years later and I have the fewest bookings for next year I ever have. Everyone says it's still early, and I have time. And they're probably right. But It's still weighing heavy on me.

The good news is that Joey will start getting paid (WOO HOOO) in June. And his income should be enough to get by. And I'm praying that it is. I would love nothing more than to do a few weddings throughout the year and just be home full time with our baby. But I don't want to not be able to afford the bills either, especially with the added one for the adoption.

Joey is home this morning (works tonight) and we were praying about it this morning, which really helped. I need to remember that God is so much bigger than a few bills a month, and the number of weddings I get a year. He is bigger than all of this, and I know he will provide. I need to just stop letting the enemy lie to me and lead me to believe otherwise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Rachel you so read my mind! I too have been extremely worried about my bookings for photography next year. This year seems to be so much slower than last year. I've actually heard that from a few photographers.

I truly feel it's God's will for me to be home with our baby so I just keep praying that he'll provide. I refuse to have a spirit of fear. I've been relying on that verse in Timothy...I will not have a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind!

God is Good and he knows our hearts desire. I truly believe he will provide for BOTH of our families' this year!

Jessica