Monday, October 15, 2007

Just got $1000 in the mail!

Okay so this is not something I have blogged much about; the financial side of our adoption. We hadn't been very concerned about the actual funding of the adoption, we knew we'd take out the money against our home and we knew we had the equity for what we needed. We have no debt aside from our house (and Joey's deferred student loans), a good income and great credit scores. So we were not concerned.

Well we got a call from our financial institution last week saying we had been denied our loan because of Joey's deferred student loans. Ones we likely won't start paying off until 2011!!! So we were very frustrated as this was a surprise to us (and them!!! It was their underwriting companies new rule that they didn't even know about!) and we were starting to feel trapped.

Well we are still able to move forward with our home equity loan through another financial institution that we're members of, but we can't borrow as much as we'd hoped for... we were going to be a few thousand dollars short.

So we've been weighing taking an additional loan out on our car, or possibly asking for a loan from Joey's dad... and all in all it's been more stressful than I'd like. But all the while we have fully believed that God would provide and take care of our family! We know this and we believe this!

Well today I had a big sob session with my sister, and exchanged some emails with someone at our church about prayer in this dept.. and after a while I was praying and I knew in my heart it would be okay, and my heart started to settle.

About 1/2 hour later I went out to the mailbox and there was a lone card in there (normally tons of junk mail would accompany!) And someone in our family had sent us $1000 for our adoption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it.. I just started bawling and praising God for this money. I talked to her about an hour later and I am just so humbled and honored and grateful and excited and all that rolled into one! And God is amazing! He is the one that prompted them to send the money! And He is the one that is in control of all of this!

So after that I talked to my sister and realized that even more money was coming in from the fundraiser, we are up to the EXACT place we need to be for the adoption! The loan that we will qualify for, that was originally a few thousand dollars short, will end up being the perfect amount to finish it up!

I will NEVER cease to be amazed by God's goodness and perfect timing! Today was the day that I needed to get that money, today was the day that I needed to be humbled to my knees in prayer, and today was the day that I needed to be reminded of exactly who was in charge!

PRAISE GOD!

9 comments:

leah @maritalbless said...

I hope that this comment actually gets through, because you have to know that I am crying at work, in much the state of humility you were in while writing. What a blessing, what a God.

mindy said...

God is so good! Thank you for posting this. I was doing my devotions this morning and meditating on who God is and everything that we know God is, he is even more than that. The question in my devotion was who is God to you? That is so real. I will NEVER cease to be amazed at how wonderful God is and how much He loves His children (and we are adopted children at that!), and how he provides for us. God bless you Rachel and continue to be a light for Him in this dark, dark world.

Yetty said...

:) that's all i have to say :). He is a good God

Katie said...

What an amazing story Rachel. Thank you so much for sharing! Praise God!
Katie (cksmith06 from MN Moms group)

seussgirl said...

Yey! So happy for you! And isn't watching it come together that way so much more of a blessing than the original loan option?
Praying everything else comes together so perfectly for you!

Searching said...

Wow, this gace me goosebumps. God is awesome beyond words! I'm so happy for you!!!

Lea said...

Woo hoo! I'm so glad it unfolded this way -- we need reminders (I certainly do ALL the time!) of who really is in charge & in control all the time.

Praise God for a physical gift for you!

Can't wait for more great & proving details to come your way.

God Bless,
Lea H.

Erin said...

Rachel, that is such amazingly awesome news. God truly is good..and GOD ALWAYS PROVIDES!! He never ceases to amaze me in his wonderous works!

Anonymous said...

God is so good Rachel!! He never ceases to take care of his children :)