Monday, December 03, 2007

When did secret santa become mandatory??

So at work today I see a slip of paper in my box saying I am so and so's secret santa. I have to bring a $15 gift by such and such date.

WHAT? I never agreed to this! Don't get me wrong, I love to buy gifts, but this year we cut out buying gifts for each other, our siblings, our friends, cousins (usually in a drawing)... so to now have to buy a gift for someone I met like 15 minutes ago really bothers me! Before assigning me a person I feel I should have been asked. I have MANY more people I would rather buy a gift for...

And since only 12 people work there, I feel silly bringing anything up and it's only $15, but still! That's not the point. I just am annoyed at this! It seems silly and I feel I should have been asked first!

Also today I informed my boss (more than 2 months in advance) that I would need a week off in february for a medical procedure that wouldn't be scheduled until the week before (work schedule is done 3 weeks in advance) and since I needed 2-3 days to recoup, I would just need the whole week off but was willing to work the weekends.

He seemed annoyed! I work 15 hours a week and it's a medical procedure!!! For goodness sakes! I explained it came up since I got the job otherwise I would have told him before... but seriously?

Anyways, I LOVE my new job, don't get me wrong, but these two things today really irked me!

2 comments:

Mere said...

It's so astonishing .... bosses. Humph. Mine just missed the whole "understanding" gene. You'd think he'd get it when I call off today and tomorrow b/c I had another m/c - when HE HIMSELF (and wife) went through YEARS of infertility problems.
I just don't get some people! Hopefully your boss will understand come February.

D said...

That's dumb! I mean, seriously, that's CRAP!! I'd probably find the cheapest $15 present I could b/c I'd be so ticked off. How about going to a craft store (do you have Michael's where you live?) and getting a cute tin or something like that (very cheap) and then filling it with Christmas candy and cookies? A couple years ago the cooking bug bit me hard around the holidays and I made SO MUCH candy and sweets... I took a box to three of our neighbors and they loved it! :)