Saturday, January 12, 2008

5 years ago yesterday....

Two very big things happened in my life.


#1 my wonderful and adoring Grandpa died. He was a beautiful man who I always knew loved me. He loved to joke with us, he taught me how to play (and cheat!) at cards (don't worry I don't cheat anymore...) and I always knew where I stood in his heart. Five years before he had a stroke out of no where and the very healthy and active 75 year old man was changed forever. Physically he was failing, but emotionally... well I've never seen a sweeter grandpa. He told us more and more how much he loved us and since half of his body didn't work, his sweet crooked smile could melt my heart.


I miss my grandpa so much... but he lived a big life and he's in a better place.

#2 a little girl entered into my life and stole my heart. On the same day my grandpa died, my sister gave birth to the first baby in our family. I NEVER saw it coming... I fell head over heals in love with her. Being that I often feel like my sister is somehow made up of half of me, I felt like I had given birth. I cried when I had to leave her, I wanted to hold her every second I could and I had never been prouder. She was the love of my life... and Joey's!




















I never knew how much the love of a child could mean to a whole family but our lives have never been the same since. And one by one more of them have filed into our lives! Somehow seeming to expand our hearts and steal even more of it!



Ella is such a beautiful child.... I could spend hours trying to explain. My sister did an amazing job over on her blog BillMissandBrood . She is a beautiful child. When we called her today on her birthday party day to say have fun and sorry we couldn't be there she said "oh, that's okay auntie Rae Rae and Uncle Joey. I love you and miss you!" She has the sweetest little voice.. I want to capture it forever!

So, five years ago (yesterday), our lives were changed forever. We lost one long and lived beautiful life and we welcomed a brand new beautiful life into our world.


And we've never been the same since.

No comments: