Thank you to those of you who prayed we would sleep well last night. After we prayed together we fell asleep about 10:30. Then I woke up to my sweet sweet husband with a needle ready to stab my gut :-) So I got 8 great hours of sleep!
It would be far fetched to say I was "rested", after this past seven days I think I'd need a month of naps and 8 hours nights to feel caught up (will a baby allow time for that I wonder? lol)... but for today I feel good and ready for the day.
I just wish Joey didn't start his rotation today! I want him to be with me when I get the news and if it's bad I DON'T want to tell him while he's at work. But he's insisted that I call him! I'm praying for HIM that it's good news... I know how much he wants this.
But I also find myself thinking about 'A'. Last night she was at the hospital but it was more of a hotel because nurses and whatnot weren't checking in on her and she didn't have the option of the nursery. I wonder what it was like for her to take care of the baby by herself overnight. I wonder if she's exhausted! She's already gone through a labor and delivery and then an exhausting weekend of confusing and indecision. Then to add a night with a newborn...
I hope that when she goes home she can take some time to rest up and "recoup" from the physical exhaustion. And we will be continuing for a LONG time to pray for her heart in the loss of her daughter. I have no idea how she's feeling, but I try to imagine and it's not pretty :-/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Yeah for a good night's sleep! I find that in some of the most uncertain times in my life, I'm often amazed to truly experience "the peace of God that surpasses all understanding" (Phil 4:7) - it sounds like you can relate!
I'll continue to pray for both your and A's families - that all involved will feel this peace and calm that can only come from God.
Best of luck for today! I'll be praying for you until we hear the news!
Rach, J. and I wish you only the best and we hope you hear the news you're longing for.
Your story is the only reason I have even been logging online the last few days. I truely hope that you get some wonderful news today! Our thoughts are with you today.
~Amanda & Alexis
We're so glad you got some rest last night! We're all waiting anxiously to hear the news, I can only imagine how anxious you guys must feel!
Yeah for a good night sleep. That is so important! I think that your perspective during this whole process has been amazing. Christ has shown through both of you during this time. I will be continuing to pray for you and Joey.
What a story! Ours happened almost as quick so I know some of what you are going through. You and Joey will make wonderful parents and if this sweet baby girl is meant to be yours she will be. If not then your child is still waiting for you, through whatever means God chooses to bring him/her to you.
Your blog was the first page I checked when I got up this morning. I'm praying for you so much, my dear. I was telling my mom about your story last night - and it brought back a lot of memories for her. She asked me to tell you to hang on, that she's praying for you as well, and that it will all be worth it at the end of the day!
Ok, so I leave for a week and I miss EVERYTHING!! I know this isn't a done deal or anything but I am so excited at the possibility for you and Joey :)
I'm praying for you guys and A. No, you don't have any idea what she is really feeling but you are thinking about it and I admire that.
Love you!
Somewhere in the land of the internet there is a ticker counting how many times people are checking your blog- and the internet powers-that-be are wondering what the heck has so many people checking this one blog so many times during the day! I know that I check at least every 15 minutes... and have been since Friday!
You have such amazing patience, to have such clarity about the situation. You continue to be in my prayers, a does A- and I can only believe that the Lord will bless you richly as you have blessed the lives around you. You have definitely taught e to slow down and be incredibly grateful for the things in my own life- so know that of everything that comes from this entire process (from IF to adoption and back again) you have touched the life of at least one person. And please know how important that is.
God bless you all,
Jenna
(Bumbledees on the Nest)
I told your story while at dinner with friends on Saturday night - it's that great. I'm praying for you and keep logging on to see if there's an update. I missed a couple of days last week and when I came back I was so surprised!!
Wishing you guys all the best.
Hi Rachel, I'm new to your blog, but I've read all the way back to January 2007 (thanks for keeping me occupied on an otherwise boring Monday morning!). I've laughed at some of your posts, and cried at others. That's the sign of true emotions in writing!
I've been praying for you this weekend and will continue to pray for you, Joey, and A and her family. Can't wait to see what's next for you!
Post a Comment