Monday, February 11, 2008

I suppose I should update....

Don't get too excited, I don't have much to offer.

But here's what I can tell you. 'A' discharged herself from the hospital last night and took the baby to an extended family members. Someone of the age not able to help much. She hasn't made a decision one way or ther other.

I wish I could tell you she just wants to parent and that's why she hasn't made a choice, but that's not the impression I'm getting. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she's considering it.. but there's something going on and no one seems to know what it is. At this point she doesn't have the ability or support to parent this baby on her own. I'm sure she could make it work, but it will not be easy for her.

I don't really know how to feel. The case worker said she's never seen anything like this and she wouldn't be surprised if this went on for another week.

We obviously have a deadline as we will start having IVF appts at which point we won't be able to get our money back from the shared risk program and we can't afford to do both.

And I am not certain how much more of this we can take. We know we're not the most important part of the equation, but we're still a part of it and it's exhausting.

Unfortunately at this time we don't feel peace about withdrawing our place and so I guess at this point we just continue to pray.... for A, for the baby, for A's mom and for our own sanity.

The longer this goes on the stickier the situation... for everyone.

5 comments:

The Gustafsons said...

That is just not the news you guys were expecting, which has to be so hard. I can't imagine waiting, and waiting, and waiting like you have been doing. Please know that we are really praying for you, A, and this precious baby girl that needs some stabilty in her new little life. Again, I so admire your faith and compassion for A in all of this.

Jenna said...

Aah, how frustrating!!! And all you can do is pray...zr

Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel, I have been checking in all weekend and I know this isnt what you wanted to hear at this point. Something I have learned in life is the things that you let go and sweetly come back to you are the greatest gifts of all. I will continue to pray, send positive thoughts and I wish I could give you a hug. Its wonderful that you have such an amazing family that you can lean on right now through this rollercoaster.

Candita Conchita said...

It seems as though she's just struggling with her decision. I know you can understand how she must be feeling because you and Joey are such sweet, compassionate people. Hopefully she will eventually do what's right for herself and the baby. The way I see it, the longer she takes to make this decision, the better chance that she will stick with that decision. If she's forced to rush her decision, she may regret it later. We're all praying for you guys and that sweet baby. Good luck and keep us all posted!

K. said...

Rachel and Joey--As always, there are many people praying for you, praying for A, and praying for baby. I hope this all works itself out soon for everyone's sake. God Bless You!